Prostatitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have now had prostatitis for going on 7 years. I'm trying to understand how I could have gotten such a condition. I had urinary blockage issues, bph and at the end bladder stones for many years. I also had urinary retension which caused these problems. My flow rate was only 3.2 cc/ sec. I also had a sexual encounter at the beginning of my problems with unprotected sex. 

Could this have brought on the prostatitis. My Dr. said no and I was soo uncomfortable that he did a TURP. This was also done at the outset of my condition. All I want to know is the truth. Was this prostatitis brought on by the unprotected sex or was it the result of the BPH. I tested negative 7 years ago for any std's  The bladder stones were causing me much pain. My Dr says that he thinks it was the infected residual urine that I had had which he thinks may have gone down into my prostate and caused the prostatitis or infection. I'm getting wary of this condition and only want to know the truth. Could the infection from the bladder stones have traveled down into the prostate and brought on my condition? I have not spoken to the woman in many years and wonder if this breif affair with her could have brought this on or was it caused by my miserable BPH which was very bad at the time to the point of my bladder retaining much of my residual urine.

Steve 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Steve,  You may want to get this book, by Larry Clapp.  I think the title was 90 Days to cure prostate cancer.  I remember reading that book many years ago, and there was a section on prostatitis, and how you can help your condition, with diet and cleansing. Larry Clapp, also said that our prostate problems, could be a result of silver fillings in our mouths.  The mercury, in them is slowly leaching out into our bodies.
  • Posted

It's been a very long time since I read Larry Clapp's book, but I think some of the causes of prostatitis, is bacterial in origin.  The problem is, it is very hard to treat the infection, because the bacteria,  is well protected in the area of the prostate.  There is a clinic in China, that is 95% effective in getting rid of prostatitis.  They  treat with medication, but the delivery system is what makes their method succesful.As I've stated earlier, I may not have the correct facts as to the treatment for prostatitis, but it's kind of accurate.  Good luck!

• Posted

I am on a drug right now, Dennis called Cefdinir. It has given me a great deal of help. It is an antibiotic and it is prescription. I have read about the China therepy, but the only thing is, it is $3,000 a week. Still it's something to think about. YThank you so much for being a friend, Dennis.     Steve

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.