So the doctor upped me to 20mg after 2 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started on Prozac which went horribly. I had suicidal thoughts and what not so the doctor started me on 10mg lexapro for 2 weeks and it's been pretty good but I feel like it's been to mild. Talked to my doctor today and he upped me to 20mg. Hesitant because a jump from 10-20 is big so i said screw it and took the 20mg.

So far it's only been a day but I'm a bit tired. Iv had a very bad year with anxiety, panic, depression and super high stress which cause a bunch of health problems and dramatic weight loss.

Is it normal to jump from 10-20 just after 2 weeks. I thought he was going to go from 10-15.

In that 2 weeks kn 10mg I've had no real side affects, my anxiety decreased a little but still had lots of anxiety and stress, my depression has gone eay down and my racing and negative thoughts have stopped. Still don't feel like my normal self.

Hopefully 20mg is the sweet spot

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Thankyou!! Someone else who had he*l on Prozac. Same reaction with me. Made me very sick physically and mentally hortible. Crying all time an anxiety. I would have to go to my "crying spot" an let it out everyday. Low low mood. Liver area pain. Anorexia. Joint pain an upper back pain. Horrible drug!! It took 3 months to quit having symptoms fr it. Lexapro (generic) wasnt anything like that when I took it. It only made me sleepy an gain wt an really didn't help the depression but did help anxiety (to much! I didnt care to do anything) i was up to 15mg. Changing doses is like starting all over again. Maybe if 20 is to much you can go down to 15mg. Goodluck!

• Posted

Prozac was terrible. Constant headaches, was very ill everyday, anxiety, depression and everything got worse. Started having negative thoughts and suicidal thoughts and dreams of murder. Called the doctor and I took seroquel and lexapro together at first. My thoughts went away so he is making continue just lexapro. So far 20mg seems fine except i want to sleep but that's ok I like sleeping

• Posted

lol about the last sentence - i like sleeping too!!!!! good luck on the escitalopram. i have been on 15mg daily in the morning for over 4yrs & it controls my anxiety & depression very well. x

• Posted

So far 20mg is a bit strong and I'm having some side affects but I'm gonna push through and continue

• Posted

Ha! I wish I could sleep! Iv always liked sleeping. Even as a teen would come straight home an take nap! Now dont have time to take naps! Always on the go. Dont want to be but I care for my elderly parent's both are 81 an they just moved to assisted living. Im in US. An I have a 13 yr old an 18 yr that just graduated. Iv been in medical field since 18 but now I dont work due to caregiving. I need to get back on something. Anger anxiety low moods all coming back. Prozac is the DEVIL!

• Posted

So far it's been about 5 days on 20mg and the only side affect is a it of sleepiness and if I do to much physical work the tiredness makes me feel kind of sick. Other then that 20mg is ok but since it's only been really 5 days Im feeling very little from it. Still along ways to go but since starting 10mg 2 weeks ago and now 20mg I've seen minor improvements and my wife is seeing it also.

The only real side affects im having is i last alot longer in bed. Yes it takes me forever to orgasm now but that's ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.