Anyone else Hypermobile?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just wondered if any other Hippies had JHS.  My consultant doesn't believe it's a factor in my OA but I had a shoulder joint removed due to OA too and most of my joints are Hypermobile.

Any other Bendies out there ??? 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I am. Not all my joints are affected but definitely my hips, wrists and thumbs (which are also now affected by OA). Several of my children also have hypermobility and I hope it doesn't affect their joints as it does mine.

• Posted

Hi Sarah I don't know whether I'm  hypermobile but I appear flexible enough. I have OA and have a lot of pain In my foot, knee, arms and wrist. I have been offered a complete new wrist and I'm undecided about whether to have one. Each time I have an operation it seems to affect something else.

I had my bunion removed and suffered with my opposite side. My left hip was replaced and caused problems with my foot and knee.

My wrist and arm are aching and don't know what to do any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks Brenda C

• Posted

It's awful when most of your joints hurt.  Luckily mine rarely hurt all at once.

Although Hypermobility is hereditary JHS may not be.

Regarding wrist pain have you tried heat and or cold ?  When i get finger joint pain pressure seems to help - what about a wrist support/ arthritis gloves ??  Also the strongest iboprofen gel ?

• Posted

Hi Sarah thanks for the advice but I've tried them all. I've just been to a friends to try and take my mind off it. When the arm and wrist ache it makes it difficult to do jobs. I've just completed a 1000 small piece jigsaw we have to keep going I know you have had your problems. Are you feeling any better? Brenda C

• Posted

I find that wearing splints overnight when my wrists are really bad helps immensely. I have some good adjustable splints that are nice & comfortable (not NHS ones) and this has pretty much sorted the problem. It seems to be enough to allow them to recover. Worth a try?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.