Day or night

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on FL you for 3 weeks now. The dr. Put me on 40 milligrams last week and I am feeling worse. I've heard that taking them at night does some people better because I just feel no motivation and tired all day. If I took them this morning should I start taking them tonight or just wait it out for the next night?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

...i also feel a lack of concentration.

Thank you for any feedback

• Posted

Beth,

I started taking it in the am and felt like crap for 3 weeks. Then I started taking at bed time and it was a complete change. Right now I'm trying to wean myself off of it. Im over feeling like crap.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Cory.

So when you said it was a complete change was it a change for the better or the worst

• Posted

Are you feeling better that your getting off? How long were you on them?
    • Posted

I have been on it for about 6 weeks, after I switched it to bed time I started feeling better. I told the doctor that I wanted to come off of it but he wanted me to continue taking it. He even up my does. Which I didn't do, I had every side effect possible. I was taking it for anxiety and it made me feel even worse.

• Posted

Hi Bin.

A lot of people have said that is it has helped them after a few months, but you said taking it at night was better for you

• Posted

Yeah I had the same with mine. I couldn't handle the increase for a day so stuck it out for a few months with 20mg. I've been on others with good results but the fluoxetine just wasn't for me. You have to be the judge. I had heard for some it takes many weeks and feeling worse before better and having good results but I've also heard alot more of what your describing and also went through it myself. There are alot of others. Also therapy and time. My prayers go out to you for getting back to a happy self.

• Posted

I am in the taper process right now after a few months on Fluoxetine. Tired of feeling sick and tired. I believe it was never for me but gave it a good chance. My best results were with citalpram. I don't believe fluoxetine should have ever been introduced. This is just my opinion

• Posted

I was on citalipram for a few months snd it gave me rhe worst stomach problems. And changing medications means the starting process all over again where it takes two to four weeks or two to four months. I don't have that kind of time.

• Posted

Hi Beth

I was told they can make you more alert so taking it at night might affect your sleep. Ive taken it at anytime not bothered by it.

It won't matter to wait til tomorrow night. Each dose stays in your bod for 4-6 days so you won't run out in your system.

You might start to feel worse before better but if you can ride out the managable side effects you'll get to the good stuff. I just had increased anxiety, dry mouth, headache, very tense neck muscles and leg arm movements and a mild tremor. Sounds worse than was. The tremor was only thing I needed help with. They gave me propandol beta blockers. The good stuff started when suddenly realising I wasn't walking through treacle/quicksand to do easy tasks.

• Posted

Thanks Deeb,

How long have you been on it, if you don't mind my asking

• Posted

No prob ask anything and as much as you like smile.

About 6 mth this time...so far that is. Just first 6 weeks at 20mg and the rest 40mg. I love fluox best thing that happened to me. Not everyone has bad side effects. My mates have had fluox aswell with no issue. I plan to stay on it at very least a year ...if not a continued medication at lowered 20mg dose. I dont have any side effect now... other than an extremely fine tremor that is lessening (shaking) but beta blockers stop that completely. .

First time i took it was for about 2yrs at 20mg...up to 2014. No issues. It was my decision to come off them thinking I was fixed.. but when I went back this time.. new doctor said I shouldn't have come off them given the way I struggled with mood for 4yrs.

I see small regular improvements which is great. If I needed faster improvement I'd try higher dose but they don't do higher dose in fluox. I'd have to change med types... but since I can do fine with slow and steady and no side effects I will stay as I am.

Xx

• Posted

Would you recommend taking them day or night? It just seems that my constant fatigue and lack of concentration last most of the day
    • Posted

😊 you're welcome x

I was generally sleeping through day and night when I was off sick until my mood lifted. I don't really know which end of day is best. I take it in morning 97% time. It really won't matter to take it at night. I just make sure I leave a gap of at least 10 hours before I take another dose. Purely because i personally think it might increase risk of side effects but it's only my assumption there. Try night time for a few weeks to see if that helps you. As you can see we all seem to have different side effects here. I don't think it makes depression etc 'cure' any faster unfortunately. smile

Have a read of nhs and mind org website for loads of useful info on antidepressant meds and treatments. Really good source of info.

Laughing, sunshine and any happiness seems to speed up recovery and you can still be lying down resting or being lethagic and not having to concentrate Your brain is saying its knackered let it do what it needs to fix itself

x x x😀😊?😃😄x x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.