Shana06322

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ladies so interesting to read all your stories and see the things we have in common. These awful fibroids are ruining my life....I had them removed around 6, 7 years ago and they have came back with a vengeance.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I had a very large one which was rmoved 2003.I had a scan 2012 and there were five small ones.This year I had another scan which showed over 25.I had a Fibroid Embolization six weeks ago so am hoping they have shrunk.Are you going to have them removed again?

• Posted

Hey Millie

Yes am on the waiting list to have the larger ones removed. Was told they do not remove all as this can cause a haemorrhage and possible hysterectomy which I do not want to go through. The op can't come round soon enough for me.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Shana, yes they are horrible. I have been suffering for about 8 years with them, at last Esmya has controlled my bleeding but I still have a swollen stomach and probably they will grow back yet again. And I am 58, too old to be bothered with wearing a pad every day in case I bleed. So called menopause hasn't deterred them one bit.......

• Posted

Hey Christine

I can't remember the last time I wore a nice pair of underwear and didn't wear a pad ha ha. It has just become the norm for me....have never heard of this Esmya before, sounds great as I have been constantly bleeding since April....Just hope there will be light at the end of the tunnel for all us sufferers.

All the best

• Posted

Hi Shana

Fibroids truly are a royal pain in the butt.  I had some removed in February this year but due to complications they were unable to remove all.  So i got this horrible scar and still gotta go back and see Consultant next year.  Wouldn't really want to go through this again but time will tell.

Wish you all the best with your treatment whatever you choose to do.

Vel xx

• Posted

Hey Vel

Am hoping to have the larger ones removed again as they won't remove all due to haemorrhage.

Can't beleive how much this has just seem to put a hold on my life. I truly feel so sorry for all that we have been through! But so good to communicate with people who know how much we suffer.

All the best my dear. Truly hope it all comes good. Have faith xx

• Posted

Hi Shana-

Do look into the new med that Christine mentioned, Esmya, before you get any invasive treatments. It will stop your periods for 3 months at atime, then ypu have to go off it for one period, and then can resume it again. They reccomend a 5mg. dose, but studies recently have shown better results with a 10mg dosage, twice the shrinkage. I am on 7.5 mg. on my 23rd day, and so far no period this month, it takes a month apparently to start working. Do not be alarmed by possible side effects, they seem to be rare from my research and talking to others on forums. Avoid caffiene and red meat, as they cause fibroid growth. Research the natural supplements called DIM and Serrapreptase, they both help in high doses. They are natural, so safe in high doses. Vegan diet is the best, and keeping weight down to a moderate level. Goodluck, do NOT let them start cutting you up with invasive and pricey procedures until you try some of these other remedies is my best advice. NO surgery is best. They make it sound like its no BIG DEAL, to be cut into, but it is, and many of us have severe and permanent damage from so called normal everyday commen invasive procedures. Take charge of your body, be your own advocate and DR. You have to look out for yourself first, do not rely on Dr.s to fix everything for you, sometimes they just make things worse in their haste to treat you. Goodluck, and keep us posted on your progress, or troubles. Blessings, Iris

• Posted

Hey Iris

Thankyou for all the information that was so good to hear the positive feedback. I intend to make a doctor's appointment asap and see what more I can find out about this treatment. The only reason why I can think why the never recommended it as I have another condition called Moya moya syndrome which I have several more blood vessels in my head than the norm. In which case I have had 3 bleeds in my head which probably would make my case worse with a specific medication. I agree with you on the weight case as even though I feel crappy with the fibroids, bleeding and tiredness I am attending gym regularly trying to eat healthy and drinking load's of water.

Just can't wait to feel 100% again. I intend to reward myself with a great holiday smile

All the best my love.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.