stomach pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

stomach ache for  2 days a week every week, dont feel like eating and are sick sometimes this has been happening since may 2016 now waiting for a ct scan any ideas what this is?????

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If you have bowel habit changes, nausea, incomplete evacuation, relief after a bowel movement, food intolerance, pain that moves all over the stomach and varies in type and intensity, it may be IBS if all your tests come back clear.
    • Posted

thanks philippa61759 my doctor has now put me on IBS  tablets so will have to see what happens thanks for the reply
    • Posted

I was given Mebeverine while waiting for diagnosis but it made me a lot worse.  I tried Buscopan and felt better.
    • Posted

ive tride buscopan and it did nothing,also i dont think  Alverine Citrate is doing anything still getting the pain for 2 days.
    • Posted

A lot of these anti spasmodics merely reduce pain rather than get rid of it entirely.  There are other over the counter remedies such as Silicogel and peppermint oil capsules.  Or you could ask your doctor for something else.
    • Posted

thanks philippa61759 ive had a look at the silicogel and that sound like it does what it should so will give it a try thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.