Bartholins Cyst Support

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I'm 19 and i had my first Bartholins Cyst a week ago. Never have i ever felt a greater pain in my life. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. I had it for 2 weeks and within the second week i couldn't walk. When i went to the doctor she wouldn't prescribe me anything not even antibiotics. The warm baths only helped while i was in there and when i got out the pain was even worse. One night i woke up and couldn't move. My boyfriend and mom rushed me to emergency and they put me in a room only to have four hours of me being inn pain without seeing a doctor. I kept hitting the pain button telling them i needed a doctor for the 4 hours straight until finally one came in and did the painful inspection of prodding the cyst. Apparently if the cyst is hard they won't be able to lance it but if it's moveable they will. My nurse gave me a muscle relaxer shot in the butt and they gave me a anaesthetic but i still felt the surgery. I would rather go through that surgery again then put up with the painful cyst. My name is chasidy and if you want to talk or ask questions or just wanna have a everyday conversation because you need a friend, I'm here.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address & phone number as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I have had 4 this past year and luckily they have all naturally pooped after 1-2 weeks but the pain is unbearable!! Have you had any reoccurance? Was this your first one?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.