Tramadol withdrawl new symptom; constant urination

Posted , 6 users are following.

when I wake up I always have sudden urges to urinate but several times not just once. Can this be due to withdrawls or something else? Also having bad mood swings.

Thanks yall

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I think you should go see a doctor first of all people don't realize when they are on this drug they don't feel any symptoms at all of any kind of a element so it goes on masked, I can't see physiologically why you would be urinating so much and it's very dangerous to get your electrolytes out of balance in your body, so I would go see a doctor if it continues and drink lots of fluids.

• Posted

Mood swings absolutely but Ive never had the urge to urinate lots. Are you coming off of them?
    • Posted

Ok Im a Tramadol recovering addict (i hate that word!) An its TOTALLY normal what you posted when coming off Tramadol you do pee ALOT! Just make sure you are replacing whats coming out. Its just a withdrawal symptom. Are you going cold turkey? You might have diaherra to. Some say Lopramide (Anti-diaherral) helps with that an withdrawls. Hot baths, epsom sslts added. Stay hydrated. Magnesium to. 500mg. If you have missed to much sleep due to anxiety an restless legs asked Dr for anti-anxiety med an explain truthfully you stopped it an need help. I took Clonazapam (Klonapin)& it was a god send an allowed some sleep. I was so exhausted. I had to go to a detox facility for 5 days. Was taking 20 a day. Been taking Tram for 8 yrs off an on an in 2012 it just escalated to the 20. I finally figured I was trying to help my anxiety and depression on it but after that long I became a recluse an never talked to my fridnds, lost wt... terrible drug. It has Antidepressant qualities in it. It increases Seratonin an Norepinephrine in brain. So coming off in 5 days was heck. But i left with rx for Clonazapam an it seemed to help. But watch for that to. Take lowest mg an half or quarter pill. As low as you csn to help cause they become dependent to. I still take it when ever necessary. Still struggling after 2 yrs with depression an anxiety but also going thru menopause an family extreme stress. So yes, totally normal to pee alot. It will lessen. How much were you on an how long?

• Posted

I'm so glad to hear you came off these evil damn pills. Yea my dr gave me clonopin for sleeping and it was beautiful but I stopped after a week because I didn't want to get dependent on them. She also wanted me on Paxil for 3 months but I stopped after two weeks. I didn't see them working enough to continue. My sleep now is around 4-6 hours, can't complain. Did you have breathing issues while going to sleep? Yes I went cold turkey and I was on tramadol for about 3 years due to bad back pains at 100-150 mgs 5 days a week. I took grapefruit juice one day and I had a really bad reaction and then about the next week I quit my job so I stopped taking the tramadol and then 3 days later all hell broke loose. Funny thing is I've been sometimes like a week without tramadol when I went on vacations and I've never had these severer withdrawl reactions. It's as if the grapefruit juice did something to my body to mess up the interaction of tramadol with my body. I had severe hot and cold reactions, pranoiah, mania, insomnia, trouble breathing you name it. All those symptoms are gone except the constant urination upon waking up and the dry mouth cotton mouth also when going to bed in air conditioner and upon awaking. I appreciate your reply a million! it's great to read from someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about from experience! I hope we can continue the chat

• Posted

It can easily take longer than two weeks for an SSRI like Paxil to have any beneficial effect, so you may have given up too early. On the other hand, I was on Paxil for several months and never felt any different. Then, when I quit I got the "brain zaps" (that others here have mentioned). That got to be quite annoying after a while.

Don't be afraid of the clonazepam (Klonopin). It takes a long time to get physically addicted on it. (Although it can more quickly become a psychological crutch.) Just respect it, and try not to use it every night.

Tramadol plus Paxil is a recipe for disaster.

• Posted

Yea man that Paxil had me having really messed super weird side effects so I decided to stop it. The

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.