Been thinking n motorcycle Wreck in bed 9 months need reconditioning program routine setup

Posted , 4 users are following.

Was in coma 77 days hospital 97 days when released could take few Steps if helped to stand coma due to lung infection from drowning in nasty mud time I awoke broken pelvis,ribs vertebrae healed no problems ,my right arm didn't heal and I gained a lot of weight I'm 5 10 260lbs.i can walk and stand myself easily my arm fixed ,ulc reconstructed ,ulnar nerve transposed,9 weeks ago ,I'm in strengthening phase of pt now plenty of sidewalks need to know how far how often build some stamina I been laying around 9 month's

.HELP

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Wow, you have worked through a lot. Building stamina is exactly that - building each time gradually, I would say. My daughter was in a coma. What worked was therapy, social interactions w family and friends. Although most friends split. But you've got me and this forum, so keep it up.

• Posted

Like I said I was in hospital 97 days, lost everything, home, vehicles, easier tell u what I have work with after 50+ yrs. My life, my wife, my canine companion of 16 yrs., GOD bless her,our clothes, my wife borrowed a bike to ride to her new fast food job my older sister who's home we live in, and the seemingly unconditional love of all of the above, need a baby steps idea of a regimen to regain whole body strength therapy costs $$ got none my hospital bill overran my insurance by, $$1,911,110.

• Posted

That's a lot of money. Don't forget to apply asap for any in-house assistance from hospital. God bless you, your wife, and I love dogs! I miss mine. My daughter has him while I recoup. 

• Posted

Hi, there are a lot of exercises you can do to reform yourself just Google it, it really works. Just recovered from fifth met break and had no PT. Ankle was very wak and was limping went on line for exercises and recover really fast from Google in. Wish you luck!

• Posted

lllerob,

I somehow missed your post, I had commented on your post from a few days ago that you commented on with my problems with injury to my hand and I had commented back and ask you what had happened initially to cause you to be in a coma so I started trying to find your initial post and I found it. I usually am pretty good on trying to catch everything that anybody post, sorry I had initially missed yours because I like to help people with issues and if nothing else I'm a good listener and I try to help anyway I can if nothing but a comment or opinion on things that can be done when your injured, you see I'm a CNA certified nursing assistant and have seen a lot of people go through a lot of things and have helped a lot of people in recovery, I work with the elderly and they are famous from falls and things to break things and I always have tried to be a big support to people. I hope things just keep getting better for you I was intrigued with your story telling what all you have worked through and accomplished and I'm very proud that you found a doctor who actually acts like a doctor is supposed to act with being compassionate and doing what they can to actually help a patient as doctors like that are very hard to come by due to the fact a lot of them get the God complex and think they can do things that only God can do and you've got those that just plain don't give a crap that are just in it for the money. Thank God you found one that actually is a doctor because he actually wants to help patients . Keep getting stronger and have the life that you deserve to have and I wish you all the best of luck. God Bless You...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.