Strange head symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I'm looking for anyone who can give me advice on my symptoms until I can get an appt with my GP.

For the last few months I have had various symptoms that have seemed to gradually get worse. These symptoms include:

- Headaches. Can be throbbing, pressure feeling or sharp.

- Sudden sharp pains localised in one spot on head.

- Dizziness

- Feeling like I'm about to pass out.

- Hearing problems/ear pain on and off

- Eye pains (sharp) sudden onset lasting 30 seconds then stop.

- Tingling feeling in back. It's always localised in the exact same spot and feels like there's something crawling under skin (For any women reading this, the sensation is in the area where your bra fastener sits)

- Strange smell/sensation in nose that'll last seconds and straight after that I'll become very dizzy.

- Mood changes - get very irritated very easy.

- Periods seem to be becoming further and further apart.

- Eyelid twitches whenever I yawn, blink heavily, or scrunch my eyes closed.

Does anyone have any ideas what all these symptoms could mean? I went to see my GP about 3 months ago about the headaches, dizziness and light headed but she dismissed it as migraines.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ask your dr for a vitamin B12 blood test. You have some of the symptoms. Are you vegetarian or vegan? 
    • Posted

No I am neither, and I'll ask next time I'm there.

• Posted

Right now I'm in the same boat as you. I think my problems are being caused from allergies and migranes. Only thing that had help are steroids and I received a shot of Toradol last night, and it seemed to help for about 8 hours...

• Posted

Make sure to get a MRI, just to be safe. I've had a cat scan which was negitive; waiting for an MRI. My syptoms are dizziness, extreme bad sharp pains, pressure, enormous pressure, feels like my heads going to explode, pressure and pain in my ears, neck pain and stiffness, sometimes pain in my upper back, and all this is causing me a lot of axiety.

• Posted

I also feel like I'm going to faint a lot also

• Posted

Should go see neurologist. If you have issues with allergies, maybe go see ENT. Sinus issues can cause a lot of your symptoms too.
  • Posted

I mainly post in dizziness/vertigo group and there's such thing as MAV - migraine associated vertigo. It has a lot of symptoms such as dizziness and etc.. However, what pulled me to your post is there is a man on there who was having those symptoms and was misdiagnosed as inner ear symptoms but was really having seizures. He's doing fine now. Especially since you're having phantom smells.

I'd see a neurologist and they'll be able to help you lots. Hang in there!

• Posted

Thanks for the reply!

I went back to see my doctor who is still convinced it's migraines that I'm suffering. However, she did say if I still felt the same in a few weeks she'd consider referring me to a neurologist so let's hope she sticks to her word!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.