Nausea and cramps

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! This is my 3rd times writing here and i got almost no answer so far.

I`m 15 years old and for the last 5 weeks i had a slight nausea every day(i feel like it almost disappears when i`m standing up or doing effort) also i have cramps(they are not severe and they don`t hurt, it`s more like a discomfort and it appears in the morning and in the evening). My belly is noisy sometimes and it hurts a little(not very painful) right before i have bowel movements(about 2-3 times a day). My stools are not pale or yellowish, but sometimes i have normal stools combined with watery stools. I was to 5 doctors so far and i had an ecography, a parasites test and a helicobacter test. I had stomach aches and back pains, too, but they disappeared and i`m not very sure if they are linked with the other symptoms.

I just wanna know what this is. I`m sorry again for my english, it`s not my first language.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Has your doctor mentioned IBS? Your symptoms sound like it.
    • Posted

Only said i may have acid reflux, but i don't think that's it because my problems seem to be in the bowels not in the stomach. Yes my symptoms sounds like IBS, but i'm not sure if IBS occurs every single day and cause chronic nausea.

Thanks for the reply.

• Posted

IBS can occur every day and nausea too.  I originally thought as well that it only came in bouts. but everyone is different. My IBS pain is constant although usually mild to moderate.  Before diagnosis, the pain was much worse and I had frequent nausea due to the pain.  Acid reflux can be part of IBS.
  • Posted

I was just going to ask the same thing. have you been tested for irritable bowel syndrome?  It's not hard to treat.

• Posted

May I kindly ask, how one can be tested for IBS?

It is usually the exclusion diagnose - if symptoms fit into IBS - and NOTHING is found (from IBD to parasite/infections or physical obstructions.)

Unless one thinks of food intolerances as belonging to IBS.

But there is no test for IBS to my knowledge...???

• Posted

I don't know the answer to this. Perhaps a colonoscopy. You need to address this with, I would think, an internist. Let me know what you find out, Sanya.

• Posted

Ah Ok,

so far I just konw IBS is a diagnose that can only be made once everything is ruled out as a reason.

Hence it is sometimes made too early and one gets put in the 'IBS' draw and actually eg suffering Crohn's in the small intestine (that cannot be accessed via colonoscopy or gastroscopy - only capsule endoscopy) or an overlooked parasite.

So I actually hoped you had some good news regarding IBS diagnose.

biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.