BURSITIS

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI,

hAVE JUST BEEN BACK TO HOSPITAL FOR ANOTHER APPOINTMENT,

WENT 12 WEEKS AGO AFTER HAVING LTHR 15 MONTHS AGO, STILL HAVE A NAGGING ACHE IN MY THIGH AND LEG. THEY THOUGHT IT COULD BE BURSITIS GAVE ME MORE PHYSIO AND AN INJECTION NEITHER MADE ANY DIFFERNCE.. SO ITS NOW SURGESTED I HAVE AN MRI IT COULD BE EITHER BURSITIS OR TRAPPED NERVE IN LOWER BACK CAUSING THE ACHE. I CANNOT WALK VERY FAR WITHOUT IT FEELING REALLY SORE HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD/GOT THIS IF SO WHAT CAN BE DONE TO SOUGHT IT.

I AM SO FED UP WITH IT ANOTHER WAIT FOR APPOINTMENT AND THEN GO BACK TO CONSULTANT WITH HOPEFULLY ANSWER IN 10 WEEKS.

WOULD APPRECIATE FEEDBACK THANK YOU lORNA

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Been suffering with hip bursitis for one year and awaiting a THR.  Can hardly walk or drive my car withut pain. On Co-codomol and Naproxene but I am hoping after operation all pain will be radicated.  But after reading your blog am now not so confident that the pain wll disappear after op.
    • Posted

Hi Carmelina,

dont worry i am sure you will be fine, my problems came after operation not before like you have. Op was fine much better than i was before  I had it done. Just think may be my age i am 69 is my problem ha ha.

I am just the odd one out i guess.

Take care and i wish you well.

Lorna

• Posted

My mom is going through that right now, since she dealt with that minor pain for months,will it got worse where she thought she dislocated something around her knee. She has 2 hip replacement 2 knee replacement and had broken her fimers too.she went to emergency room and they gave her Tylenol 3 for pain and ibprophen for inflammation.they said it was a nerve. Her Dr. Wants to see her in 3 week to see how she's doing before he makes a decision on what to do. Keep in mind she's back on getting around with a walker and at stores on a wheel chair.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.