I welcome suggestions!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I need help deciding between surgery and self-healing. Also suggestions on how to be more efficent and happy recovering on my own (just me and the cat)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You can read about the pros and cons for either. But I think the newer protocols without surgery gives similar results to surgery. If you're in your own, and want to be more indépendant. Get the iwalk free 2.0. I have it and it allows me to do everything, I hardly use my crutches.

• Posted

I can only comment on no Surgury option. I have done both achiellis 5 years apart. My recovery is a lot faster this time then 5 years ago.

I was not keen on surgery and didn't want the extra stress of trying to deal with that healing as well.

I found getting to a few projects that I have been putting off but now had all the time in the world to do was a great distraction, only some much tv one can watch lol

Good luck and this page is awesome to chat with everyone. I was really struggling in the first few weeks and had some lovely chats with people on here which was great.

• Posted

My consultant said go for conservative treatment, if it doesnt work they can always operate, and any invasive treatment has its risks. 2 years down and walking ok but still a bit weak on the calf muscle. Age 67
  • Posted

Hi, I am 10 weeks full ruptured, 6cm gap, non op. Since have come off the boot about 2 weeks ago, been walking about 8000-10000 steps a day. The food is still weak, the ankle

is stiff and calf muscles are achy. I was told there is no difference in term off recovery, but non-op has more risk of terupturing. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.