Elleste Duet 1mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there

I have just started my 2nd month of HRT. Elleste Duet 1mg was prescribed by my GP to try and regulate my periods. I'm in peri and they were lasting a few weeks.

It says in the patient leaflet with the tablets that you should expect a bleed when on the green tablet. I have been bleeding now for over a week and it is really really heavy, worse than anything I have ever experienced before and sometimes there are clots. I have been advised to try it for 3/4 months to see if my symptoms improve but I'm just wondering if anyone has similar experience of this heavy bleeding when on this medication and any thoughts on when it stops as I am now back on the white tablets.

Feeling miserable

Thanks

Ann

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann

I don't have any experience of Elleste. Has your bleeding stopped yet? If it is still heavy I would suggest ringing your practice nurse or GP to ask if this is normal. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi, saw ur post and it could have been mine a few months back. I started elleste duet 1mg 4.5 months ag, I am 44, I had both tubes and one ovary with a massive cyst and daughter cyst removed in January and remaining ovary failed early may, I felt dreadful, depressed, crying all the time and horrendously hot with flushes. I was prescribed ellestte duet and never looked back.

Month one was weird...took some getting used to, month two and three where hell, mood swings and dreadful bleeding and had trouble settling down to sleep,felt anxious. Month four and so far of month five (nearly on green pills this month) all is good ?? I thinking will find it is ur body sorting itself out.

Make sure u eat healthily, loads of iron and plenty of water and rest

Only thing i have noticed is the extreme tiredness as my white tablets finish and my green start.

Let me know how u get on x x x

• Posted

HI I HAVE BEEN TAKING ELLSTE DUET 1MG FOR A WEEK NOW BUT I AM STILL GETTING HOT FLUSHES AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THEM TO WORK I HAVENT HAD MY PERIOD YET I HAD ONE LAST MONTH BUT THE DOCTOR SAID THAT I WOULD HAVE A PERIOD IF I START THE WHITE ONE BUT I HAVENT
  • Posted

HAD A PERIOD WHHAT SHOULD I DO STOP TAKING THEM AND GO BACK TO MY DOCTOR

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.