Anyone else feel exhausted in the day after zopiclone use?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I take 15mg zopiclone every night, and every day I wake up exhausted, moving around the house brings on waves of exhaustion, and I'm only 32, I don't exercise and I sleep 12-14hrs a day after 10 years of going for days and days without sleep so I'm getting my sleep debt in check.

I just went and worked on my car for 10 mins, just putting in the interior roof panel and now I'm wiped...

Also if I go out, say to the shops to get some food and stuff I have to come back and go straight to bed after a few hours out.

I can't sleep without Zopiclone I think what I'm feeling is the "hangover" effect... I've had 3 blood tests, ultrasounds of all my organs urine tests and no issues!

Driving me crazy, I think it's because I'm taking 15mg, I am trying to come down to 7.5mg

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had these and stopped taking them for this reason, woke up more tired and exhausted than when i finally got to sleep.

They are highly addictive too hence i stopped taking them after a few days.

• Posted

Hi Daniel zopiclone is pure poison

I was on these for about six months and I became a physical and mental wreck and they only let me sleep two hrs a night. Tapering your dose should help you look up the Ashton method.

This drug causes more problems than it helps in my opinion. They are only eat to be used for a very short while. Do yourself a favour and come off them. Best thing I ever did for myself. Read up on the zopiclone threads on here you will see so many people go through hell on this drug and an even worse hell getting off them. My sleep is still really bad but I feel a million times better now I am off these evil drugs. I felt like absolute crap every morning I got up out of bed and so awful fir most of the day, I was like a zombie. My brain is slowly relearning how to sleep naturally. This forum saved my life. Good luck with what you decide to do. I was on contra indicated meds for yrs and slept ten yrs of my life away then was put on meds that stopped me sleeping then begged fir help and was put on zopiclone never ever again will I trust that a sleeping tablet will help me. I'm also reducing my other meds and guess what?? I am feeling more healthier entails and physically than I have in yrs I am getting bk to my old self pretty meds. Irish you all the best in whatever you choose to do. Here if you need an ear.

Caroline xx

• Posted

I also wake up feeling this way. It sucks out all my energy.. However if I take half of my prescription amount 7.5 only (which I do now) I find I have energy at the time of taking it. It doesn't make me sleepy until I take full dose.

So it's been tough sleeping but not as tough as it would be without the 1 pill. I think I'm the only one who this side effect of "happy" or burst of energy after taking smaller amount. But 2 hours later I crash big time,, next day my energy is gone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.