Last diazepam at 9pm last night

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey guys. So I suffer from anxiety and stupidly quit my meds cold turkey 2 months ago which was a big mistake. 4 weeks ago I started to take them again and the doctor prescribed me 5mg diazepam each night to sleep. I took 5mg for 5 nights, then down to 2.5 mg for a week and I've now been on 1.25 mg for 3 nights. My doctor and I agree that I am well enough now to try to sleep without the small dose this evening. I just have one question, if I took a 1.25mg dose last night can I have a glass of wine this evening as I won't be taking it?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes have a glass of wine. If you are on prescribed meds which are monitored by youre doctor you will be OK.   As long as its just the one.......
    • Posted

It doesnt matter that she is not taking any medication. The medication doesnt just dissapear. It remains in your system for however long it does.

She will no doubt know about her last dose. It was 2 weeks when i got hit

so to speak. I thought i was okay. But I was soooooooooo wrong.

If no one belives what i am saying. DO your own research is all I can say.

• Posted

I do appreciate your reply but you are making my anxiety worsten with your comments. How long and how many diazepam were you taking?
    • Posted

I am sorry that i am making your anxiety worse,

But i suggest that you need to research.

You really dont want to know what i went through regarding

coming off diazepam.

I was on 10 mg of another benzo and crossed over to diazepam to taper.

I was on it for a good 2 years.

• Posted

Yes, you should be fine. Everyone is different though. Personally I am fine drinking alcohol and taking diazepam or temazepam even on the same night. However, I would not be all right if I wanted to take even a quarter of a zopiclone. My breathing would be depressed. But I drink alcohol the next night (without any zop) no problem.
  • Posted

Hi Emma,

I'm a long time benzodiazepine user and have quit on many occasion, mostly to obtain jobs. I can totally relate to anxiety after 28 days /4 weeks and I too ,have resorted to using alcohol.....but alcohol stimulates the same receptors that benzos do and IMOP, alcohol makes the withdrawals worse . But each to their own. Depending on your weight, height and metabolism, benzodiazepines stay in a person's body for 3-6 weeks. For me its 28 - 40 days , n that's stopping Ct from a 25-30 mg continues dose.

How long and how much were you on before you came off for the 4 weeks? As 4 weeks off is when I'm at my own personal worst with anxiety..

• Posted

Emma,  How are you doing after 16 days? Well done you for getting down to 1.25mg in the first place.  How was the last fortnightof withdrawals for you?  Am interested as I hope that will be me soon.  Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.