Anyone know my symptoms?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Last week I went through a bit of anxiety, resulting in me having really intense tension headaches for about 3-5 days. It's gone now, but during the headache and still now from time to time, I have pain either behind my eyes/nose, ear-popping, pain behind my neck (usually on a specific point on my left side), or certain points of pain in my head that hurt especially when I massage it, like a sensitive pressure point.

Is this a lingering thing from my tension headache or is this a stiff neck situation or something more intense I should be worried about? Because I don't have the physical headache anymore, just these symptoms that come up a few times a day... It doesn't stop my daily activities but they come up out of nowhere and bother me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

To specify my symptoms more... If I scratch my head at certain parts, this numb pain will settle for a while. I also have to roll my head/neck around often because I feel like I want to crack my bones. If I lean my head/neck to the right very far, it feels good because it feels like I'm stretching out the pain that's on the left side of my head. Definitely not a migraine... my brain doesn't hurt but everything around my head and brain feels uncomfortable.

• Posted

Hi Rachel. I don't really have much input on your symptoms. Other to let you know that I suffer from anxiety and therefore get pretty intense headaches. Last year my anxiety about my headaches was so bad and it made them a lot worse. Anyway, I also have a bad neck that causes headaches- have gone to physical therapy, etc. But, whenever I roll my headback I can hear pops and when I lean my head I can feel the stretch in the other side of my neck and it also feels good. Don't know if that helps or not but just wanted to provide some input! 

• Posted

Hi Rachel, a couple of things that might be worth trying: allergy Meds, I used to have very similar pains, I finally work out that I'm allergic to my cats. Sounds stupid, I know, but I am. The other thing that might be worth trying is a decongestant, either in tablet or, possibly as a nasal spray, sinus congestion can really weird pains, in various places in your face, head or neck. If you decide to try these suggestions, just try them one at a time, that way, if one works, you'll know what the underlying problem is/was. Either way, I hope you find a solution soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.