Black hair like content in my Phlegm

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'll be 31 this year I'M A NON-SMOKER and I've been coughing up BLACK hair like mucus/phlegm as well for about 9 months now.. I've been working in an office which I just found out has a lot of mold and is very old. Thats the reason I went to get xrays-which lead to 4 other blood tests and two samples of sputum to another laboratory with the black content.. The Pulmonologist Dr. Prescribed a combivent inhaler and I dont know what to expect as a result. My next appointment is in 2 weeks. I have pictures but I'm not sure how to upload them here..

Does anyone have a clue?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Erika, wish I could help but thought I'd just send a word of encouragement!  Try to think positive.

so glad they took you seriously and it sounds like they've started to do the right kind of initial testing!

Good luck to you and please keep us informed!  Susan

• Posted

Much luck to you Erika! Always scary or unsettling when unknown health issues come.

I am no help to you, but am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Do let us know how your doing.

• Posted

Hi Erika. I haven't seen anything from you about your tests etc.

I've been thinking about you and wondered how you are,

especially since your symptoms sounded so scarey.

Hope you are getting treated and it's working. I'm sure that

others have been wondering too. Cheers Susan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.