Thrush symptoms but it's been confirmed its not thrush

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me. For the last 2 years I have been on and off prolonged treatment for vaginal thrush (fluconazole tablets ones a week for a few months). Every time I stopped them the 'thrush' came back. In the last few months I have had slight bleeding with it. I went back to the doctors about it and she said bleeding was very unnatural and told me to come back when I had it again so they could take swabs, which I did. Results came back all clear, I assume that means no candida. What I don't get though is that the thrush medication works. I've thought about it a lot and it seems to flair up when I've been eating quite badly and I get a lot of bloating and stomach pain with it.

I hope someone can shead some light.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi have you looked into vulvodynia. I had thrush for almost a year, and first it was thrush but then like you the tests all came back clear despite symptoms. I've now been taking 20mg anitriplytine a night and feel pretty much back to normal again, it's taken a long time though. I still also use a pessary just to make sure I don't get back in the cycle of having thrush. Hope you get to the bottom of it, I know how low it can feel.

• Posted

Hi thrush thrives on sugar thus eating badly may not be helpful. I had prolonged thrush until I was prescribed fluconazole weekly for 2 months that seems to have pretty much wiped it out of my system.

If the results were all clear though that doesn't sound like your problem. If your having, dry, burning and irritation are you menopausal as you don't state your age

• Posted

I've had over a year of fluconazole medication, in 2x 3 month then 1x 6 month course. Not menopausal, only 23. And the doctor said there was definitely something not right when she took the swabs, said it was very red and raw along my vaginal walls

• Posted

A friend of mine had Vulval Eczema it has similar symptoms to thrush. Maybe look into that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.