Strange pressure in the head, feeling detached from surroundings, getting anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I am a 16yo male coming up on 17. The symptoms i am experiencing are: a strange pressure in my head that isnt painful but very annoying. It sometimes comes round to the bridge of my nose. My voice to myself sounds strange for some reason. I feel detached from my body although i still control my thoughts/ what i do etc. but i also feel like im living in a dream state. I sometimes get mildly bad anxiety (usually at night). All these symptoms are scaring me since i think im developing a mental disorder. I read in places that something in the neck can cause these symptoms and i hope thats it. Oh and another thing to mention is that when i press on the lower back left or right of my head in the soft part, the pressure in my head is felt. When i do things that require focus, i completely forget about my symptoms for the most part. I have had these symptoms for about 4 weeks now and they have been worsening and i dont know what to do. I cant currently see my gp or anyone i can talk to since im on holiday in spain, and i dont want to tell my parents because i dont want them to worry. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm sorry you're feeling like this, on holiday too! I have to answering you as someone who's a parent, do tell your parents, they'd feel awful if you felt like you shouldn't talk to them. In the event that they want you to see a Dr, they've, most likely, taken out insurance, just in case of this type of situation. It probably isn't around worry about, on holiday we have lots of time to over think things. I hope you enjoy whatever's left of your holiday.

• Posted

Thankyou. Its not that i dont want them to know, its just i dont want them worrying if it is something i can sort out myself. Like if i call to make an appointment at my local doctors and then the problem could be sorted out without them having to worry
    • Posted

It's really great that you don't want to worry them, but it kind of is part of the job description. While you're probably absolutely fine, what if you need medical help and what you're experiencing would give any medics a clue what was wrong, if for any reason you were unable to explain what's been happening, your parents would be horrified, if they later found out that you hadn't let them know about symptoms, they'd be upset. Sorry, but I can't help but look at this from a parent's perspective. My son's almost 30, I still worry about him, he knows this, and keeps me up to speed on what's going on his life.

• Posted

Shaun Nicholson has a private email discussion group which I joined over a year ago by way of "PRESSURE IN HEAD!!!!!" a previous discussion here.

It was extremely helpful so check it out. It's hard to explain and some people have had it for many years. There are a lot of very helpful ideas and possible "cures" that are shared.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.