I been in the worst pain ever with a stent put in!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had to have surgery on the 2ed and let me tell you I have been in more pain with having a stent put in.... idk if any one else is hurting bad like me but when I got to go to the bathroom when I have to pee it feels like someone is squeezing me so tight where I cant breath at all & im in the worst pain ever.... they put one on my left side. Does anyone else have this problem as well ... i feel really sick and dizzy too they did not talk to me about the stent at all so I really don't know much at all.... im on my 2ed day so far and I been In pain

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Iv have had numerous stents in and they are a nightmare.  Really painful and uncomfortable.  When they were taken out there is an instant relief.  Hopefully you won't have to keep it to long.  Sorry this isnt much that relieves the pain, drink plenty and painkillers. :-(

• Posted

I had surgery last week but Dr. unable to take the stone out due to it's stuck in the upper part of uterer. So he put the stent in.

Stent may cause discomfort for a week. But it's good to have it in place for a while as it keeps the urine flow out of the kidney and heals the ureter tube.

• Posted

I had stones in both my left and right even though I had passed the smaller stone which was on my right side they placed a stent in both sides. I was in so much pain the next day I had to return to the ER and was admitted after my tests result showed I was in acute kidney failure. My urine was a bright red color with clumps during that time. I recommend that you contact the urologist whom performed the operation and advise that you are still experiencing severe pain your doctor should have prescribed you enough pain meds to get you through any expected period of pain after the operation. Most of the pain I did experience after being released from the hospital was do the stents which within 10 minutes after i had them removed I no longer felt any pain. You might also ask the doctor why the stents haven't been removed yet since removal is scheduled most of the time 7 days after placement 

• Posted

Would just like to say,that although stents are very very uncomfortable/painful they do do what they are supposed to.

Also it is certainly common to have stents in for up to 3 weeks,at least where i am in the northwest of england.

I would imagine this depends which surgeon you have and which procedure/operation you have.

If its totally unbearable seek medical advice.

• Posted

Honey I really feel ur pain I've been suffering with kidney stones for 19 years and this latest stone is driving everyone mad yesterday was the 2nd time they've put me under GA to zap it but oh no its moved to a place that the lazer can't get it so now my only option is to operate. Having a stent is the worse thing I've had one in for 6 weeks and yesterday the put in a smaller one which will be removed in 2 weeks I've been bed bound for all of that time as I can't move. Of u need any more advice contact me. Chris

• Posted

@Chris.

Please specify whether diamond* stuck within ureter or in kidney..

Also are you on bed rest because of stent placed in your body.

*Diamond: By calling stone a diamond my pain gets lesser..( No offense intended)

• Posted

hi their my goodness I feel for you!!! I just had my stent out yesterdayand ooo my goodness it hurt them taking it out! then I was ok then later i started to feel really sick and dizzy & like i was gonna throw up... then this morning my rib cage is killing me and even my whole lower part of my tummie..... i was crying so much!! & when i go number 2 it hurts my tummie I get a pain the doctor said its normalI said today if it's normal why didn'tyou guys give me any pain meds to deal with the after math so today they gave male a shot!! in my arm... its not helping that much im still hurting it feels like im bruised on the inside of me and I'm still really uncomfortable pain it's not that it's burning it just hurts so I don't know if it's normal to really feel like I'm hurting after the stent has been taken out

• Posted

Hi their my goodness I feel for you!!! I just had my stent out yesterdayand ooo my goodness it hurt them taking it out! then I was ok then later i started to feel really sick and dizzy & like i was gonna throw up... then this morning my rib cage is killing me and even my whole lower part of my tummie..... i was crying so much!! & when i go number 2 it hurts my tummie I get a pain the doctor said its normalI said today if it's normal why didn'tyou guys give me any pain meds to deal with the after math so today they gave male a shot!! in my arm... its not helping that much im still hurting it feels like im bruised on the inside of me and I'm still really uncomfortable pain it's not that it's burning it just hurts so I don't know if it's normal to really feel like I'm hurting after the stent has been taken out.

• Posted

My stent was out day before yesterday. I'm having burning micturitions since then. But it reduces as i drink more water.

keep taking pain killers, antibiotics and anti-stone medicines as prescribed by doctor. Drink water. Now onwards only water will be the best companion

• Posted

Ankit09,

Just wondering in your case exercising was allowed with Stent  IN..Cardio etc.

Also, Do you suggest to take day off after Stent has been removed

• Posted

Dr. told me to not to do physical strain exercise. However routine works was allowed. I took a month off with a stent inside because I used to feel pain and uncomfort while walking and sitting longer time. Also I had to pee frequently (~20-25 times/day) which made me to stay at home.

After stent removal I am having pain may be due to injured vessels so still at home. Upto you but atleast one day off you should take. nothing is important than health.

• Posted

Yeah..My Surgeon told me do whatever you like but I am not comfortable in doing exercise.

First week of stent goes fine with me...Starting next week cause me burning sensation and pass the single drop out while urinating

My Stent going to be remove on Thursday evening..So I can work from home on Friday and will have weekend to recover..

I feel ok to work so doing it...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.