Esyma for fibroids

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have just started to take esyma for a large fibroid (5-6cms). I have only taken 2 so far and my period has returned with bad pain again. Is this normal as I didnt expect any period or pains again?

Thanks for any reply

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, When I was taken Esyma, i was told to start them on the first day or of my period and gradually the blood flow  stop. It took 3 days to do this.  

You have only taken 2 tablets so should carry on to see if works.  Esyma is a powerful drug so you should see how toy take to it,

The Esyma did stop the blood blood but this not stop the other PMT symptoms associated with a period.

Take care

• Posted

Ah thanks for that 😊 my doc told me just to take them as soon as possible even though I didnt have my period but now I have since taking them. Will give it a few days and see how it goes. Was starting to think I was ok taking norethisterone for 26 days then put up with my period for 5 days until my op but of course they wont reduce my fibroid.

Thank you 🖒😊

• Posted

Hi, I have taken 3 courses of Esmya, and it has always taken a while to work, don't give up on it, as it WILL eventually stop the bleeding by shrinking the fibroids. This takes weeks rather than days.

• Posted

Thanks thats a great help I thought maybe something was wrong took my third one today fingers crossed it works soon pain is unbearable at times. Thanks again
    • Posted

I have a question. Did you get cramps when you started the medication? I have just started fibristal (Canada) and hadn't had a period in about a yr now. On my second pill and u have moderate cramping. I am hoping this isn't a bad thing...? Any info would help me. Thanks!

Dee

• Posted

Typo. I meant 'I have cramping'

• Posted

Esyma 5mg. Ive been taking this for over a month now to reduce a 5-6cm fibroid, I have have spotting in between but not as bad as before taking it. However my period has returned to the same horrid state as before so I decided to stop taking esmya and have returned to norethisterone which worked very well for 26 days. Then I will have a 5 day break which is bearable compared to how it is now.
    • Posted

Hi, I think the difference between the two drugs in practice is that Esmya withdraws nourishment from the fibroids, gradually softening and shrinking them, and eventually stopping any fibroid induced bleeds. Norethisterone acts on the bleeding immediately. That's why Esmya worked so well for me, I don't have periods any more so once the fibroids stopped bleeding I was fine. Is it not possible to take both, or do they interfere?

• Posted

Hi

The Doctor said to stop the noreth and start the esmya.

Not too sure to be honest 🤔 must ask that question.

Tks elaine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.