Ovestin cream

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was prescribed the above cream for vaginal dryness. I used it for the first time last night and this morning I have a green discharge. Is this normal? There is no smell but I wondered if anyone on this medication has had the same problem?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've been using Ovestin for about a year now and I haven't experienced this type of discharge. If it happens just once and clears it could be a odd reaction to something if it persists I would get it checked just incase. Ovestin has worked well for me and solved my VA problems but it's not suited everyone here.

• Posted

Tracy, with VA did you ever get off and on achs and pains in vaginal area?

Is that cream meant for VA too or just vaginal dryness

• Posted

I did get stabbing feelings down there and if I had a split it was like sitting on glass, even pressure from jeans caused pain. Ovestin isn't usually prescribed for just vaginal dryness though as its quite strong. Usually a Dr recommends lubricants etc initially then milder treatments like Gnest and Vagifem if it were a worse ie mild VA .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.