Peripheral neuropathy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello I'm Rachel i need help i would like to know if anyone has made a connection between adrenal insufficiency & peripheral neuropathy, i was just diagnosed with having.AI, i already had some numbness in my feet for years with miminal pain, but now my PN has gotten so severe i can barely lay my legs on the bed, can't touch my skin in any form due to the severity of pain, i am crying for hrs on end, i take neurontin & tylenol/ codeine, with no relief i will be going to pain management on. 8th of sept. I am a 55 yr old female that has severe fibromyalgia as well i live in the US , i am in the process of trying to get 2nd opinion in endocrinology, neurology, rhumatology, i feel there is a connection, all of my blood work hve come bck abnormal for over a year i hve been told something is definately wrong we just don't knw what it is, so we can treat it. I also am having biospy on the 9th sept on my thyroid, also i hve to hve lymph nodes removed from my groing, also on the left side of my head front & bck the nap of my neck and behind my ear pain so bad and visual changes, so i need a MRI to see if i hve a pituitary tumor. Please if someone can give me some input on what might be going on, the PAIN. has taken a toll on my body. Physcially, mentally , emotionally, spiritually, i hve suffered long enough, i am in so much pain as i type this i hve been up since 2am Us time.. I look forward to getting some information from someone. Thank You Rachel.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wow, you are suffering so much, it makes me so sad for you. Living w that constant pain takes so much courage to keep fighting. I wish I could give you advise but I do know how to help you, other than to let you know many of us have great pain challenges that test our endurance and that breaks our hearts for the ways our lives have so changed. I am sending boat-load of hugs your way and my best wishes are w you. You are a warrior fighting for your well being and I am giving you a medal for your bravery.
    • Posted

Hello peonygirl. I want to Thak you from the dept of my heart you don't that i needed that i hve to endure so much pain, sometime i ask myself if i can keep this up the pain has robbed me of a life i know no more, i would do anything to be pain free for just a few hrs, this is all i knw right now all day everyday. When you hear Dr's telling you every other day that we knw something is wrong is' definitely wrong with you but we dont knw what meds to gve youbut we to hurry and get you into pain management because the pain is causing you so many: other problems. I am just so tired. But when i hve someone like you to give me words of encouragement hve the will to go on Thank you so much you made my day as well as brought tears to my eyes. Dealing with an illness is bad enough but when you hv ongoing pain that's on another level. Please pray that they find' out what else is going on with me. It feel lik÷!c

• Posted

Hello Rachel,  I feel for you with your pain issues. I am in constant pain and have been for years. I have no answers for you and my pain is from different medical problems. I can understand the frustration and like yourself i don't know what it feels like to be without pain. It does rob us of a normal existence and everything revolves around our pain and limitations. People do not understand unless they suffer themselves. I am sending you big hugs and know that you are not alone in this. I hope you get somewhere with your scans etc. Keep coming here for support, a kind word can go a long way.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hello Elizabeth i am so touched and grateful for the kind words, people don't knw that goes along way when you can hear a kind word or just a few words of encouragement, you knw what I'm feeling you are going through it so it's much easier to converse with you. I am so sorry to hear that you are also suffering. And dealing with it on a daily bases, you like myself hve so many different medical illnesses going on so therefore my pain is so out of control i truly don't knw how i make it through i do hve my faith., but most days i feel defeated. I'm in so much pain right now my legs are killing me) i hve cried so much until i hve dry eyes, my body can only take so much it is so tired i am so glad that i hve found support in other's that's going though the same thing or similar. Once again i want to Thank you for reaching out with kind words and i extend the same hugs, kind words, support. Would you please stay in touch and let me knw how you're doing and i will do the same...... Thank you

• Posted

hi, my name is peter,i have PN and ive had it for 15 years. it started as funny sensation on the bottom of my feet.  i thiought it was athletes feet. did test and said it was PN feet got worst. had trouble walking because it hurt. ten years later it went to my hands without warning. started more pain type pills then went to mayo clinic to have double opionion. have no diabetes mayo confirmed PN without any cause the pain was unbearable at times was taking neurotine  methodone thru pain management ,lyrica just to take the edge off. after having it in hands and feet was unable to do daily choires. got very depressed VERY DEPRESSED. put was able to carry on then it went into my legs! i wanted to end the pain and suffering. wife suggested acupunture  which helped quite abit with the pain. got off statin drugs for high cholestole which help a great deal because they are known to cause PN!. i'm contuing acuputure and will start cannabis program because it is allowed in our state and has good result for pain w neuropathy. life is hard but find eveyday a challange but have to look at the bright side- do not give up -and try to find pain relief hope you have insurance otherwise i don't know what i would do without it  wife works i'm unable to but got disability after being denied 2 times but got it in the end! let me know if i could help. listen to good music and try to relax with good things around you. also think positive otherwise it will take you to a point of no return!

• Posted

Hi again, I want to share how I sometimes helped myself deal w the CONSTANT pain.  I thought of my Mother, and her Mother (my precious Gigi). Both lived in a time when females had different roles in society and each ventured out and made such glorious, brave decisions whic in turn influenced all the women in our family.  Such fun to remember them and how all the women would gather in kitchen and just howl over events etc. this gave me some courage to demonstrate same spunk to deal w this for my family. It helped but real challenge is to find answers so you can control the pain better. Do a lot a research on Internet more knowledge better chance. So girl, in closing today I am wrapping you in s big fuzzy blanket and hugging you big time. You are a warrior to find your health! You ARE doing well just getting thru the constant pain is warrior endurance! Good job keep on going. 
    • Posted

Hi peonygirl it's me Rachel i want to Thank You once again for thinking of me and getting in touch with solutions for me to deal with my ongoing pain, i find that i hve to do what feels good to me which is my gardening i love looking at my flowers & plants each day that i get out of bed even through the tears i am still smelling them to bring comfort i really love the kitchen and cooking meals bring me great comfort as well, i am always trying to read and find out about the illnesses i am dealing will, i hve to keep going i need to find out what's wrong with me i need to find out the culprit that started all this, I've been told that the dots will connect once they find out, i do hve alot of testing to complete I'm truly hoping that we find something. with the test i hve ahead of me so that i can receive the proper treatment. "PAIN" takes a major toll on mind, body, sprit, although i hve felt so low and defeated i had pull myself up and no i hve fight and see this through all my mom wanted to see me diagnosed before she passed she didn't like that i had to endure this magnitude of pain and Dr's can't tell me what's wrong, she hurt for me daily she felt helpless. It not only affect me but everyone around me although i feel alone because until someone has experienced pain one really don't knw, they see how my life hve been turned upside down . i am so apprective for you meeping me in you're thoughts this has made my day and i truly return the hugs best wishes to you. These words of encouragement go a long way it gives me the stenght i need to get pushing for the day.i hve (2) days before i go to pain management Dr's said i need to give in and take a stronger drug because the pain is causing me problems because I'm not suppose to suffer in this type of pain. So pray that this works for me I'm going to gve the new meds a try. I hpe you hve a lovely day be Blessed and i will let you knw how it all work out for me.

THANK YOU RACHEL

• Posted

Are you in the UK ? Rachel if so you need to go the john Radcliffe hospital

In Oxford they specialized in All forms of PN and nerve damage let me know

• Posted

Hi Please would you send me the ontavt details of any drs at the John Redcliffe hospital re pn? Many thanks

• Posted

Hi rachel hope your feeling much better today...did you get any answers yet... i just had spinal surgery 3mths ago and i also have a lot of leg n foot tingling n pain....this sounds off the wall but it works....put a bar of soap new one under your bed sheet at night and it magically rids you of pain and restless legs...you do of course still need to continue pain relief.... look forward to hearing how your doing....
    • Posted

Hello marie i hpe all is well with you today I'm hoping that you're day is somewhat better than the last. I knw everyone that i hve communicated with has wondered where's Rachel well i hve been going through so much as of late, my pain has taken on an all time high it has been so uncontrollable i just was about at the end of the road i just felt defeated physically, spiritually, emotionally. I had just hit a dead end, i was sent to pain management so that i could be put on a stroger pain medication inconjuction to what I'm already on, the peripheral neuropathy is out of control it has awaken me crying i hve medicated so now i am able to communicate with you. As for my adrena insufficiency it is one day at a time i am still suffering from the headaches months later along with the visual disturbances it has been very hard on me on every level, my fibromyalgia is also out of control, my EEG brain wave was normal, my thyroid biopsy was was so painful the Dr. was only able to biopsy (1) nodule i hve (3) more that needs to be done 1st one was benign a blessing so he will attempt to go in again, i hve my MRI on Monday to see if there is a pituitary tumor that'causing my problems with my head, ear, vision. I pray that i don't hve anything wrong in my head.i hve so much abnormal blood work all my DR'S seem to think that i hve a autoimmune disease that's causing alot of my problems that's what the blood is pointing towards but it's very complicated in my situation because i hve so many other things going on so they tell me it's complicated, but i was denied to go outside of my medical group to a larger hospital that i knw will get this right and start the approiate treatment. So now i am fighting thaem with an appeal pray that i will win this appeal so that i can get the proper help i need, all my DR'S are for me getting the outside 2nd opinion. All my other friends i haven't forgotten you i hve been so down & sick but i do wish the best for everyone and Marie Thank You so much for taking the to check in on me to see how I'm doing you're the best.i do hpoe all goes well for you and that you will begin to fill better in every aspect my prayers are with you, take care of yourself and i will check in on you.

Sincerely Rachel

• Posted

Rachel your really in the wars....i hope you get the proper care needed...I have an autoimmune disorder...psoriatic arthritis and Fibromyalga...both very inflamatory and painful....i also have cauda equina symptons...which was caused by ruptured disc and lower lumbar stenosis ....this is why i had the spinal surgery ...nerve pain is the worst type i have ever experienced and i had no choice but have surgery... did mri show any nerve damage...
  • Posted

I am 47 , i started having the pain in my feet , calves and back up legs about 9 months ago . It has only gotten worse.T

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.