Anyone done well on 60mg Fluoxetine??

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been taking 40mg fluoxetine for 10 weeks, the first 5 were OK with lots of good days but the last 5 have been a real struggle. I don't feel as desperate but can feel myself slipping again and wondered whether to talk to GP about increasing my dose?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Definatley talk to your Dr sometimes this can happen and they may have to up your dose, don't leave it get it sorted as soon as you can

Take care

• Posted

Sounds similar to my girlfriends plight.she was fine for 2 year in 20mg and that seemed to wear off as she had a bad spell.she got hoped to 40mg and seemed to be getting there for few week and now about week 12 she seems in a bad place.didnt know if this was a reaction or the meds not working. Seems strange tho that an upped dose isn't working after 3 month when a lesser dose worked for 2 year

• Posted

im on 40mg going on week 16 and well overall i feel ok, but i just feel im a daze, fog, all the time, focusing too much on this anxiety? when it will hit me, when will it strike? i hate it. Not sure if i want to up my dose or what's next , keep going? for how long?

• Posted

Hey Jesika, Hows it going??  I increased my dose up to 50mg 3 weeks ago and still dont feel great!!  How are you doing on 40 or did you up your dose??
  • Posted

60mg works for me. I've been on it for 5 years and feel normal. If I try to go lower I start slipping.

• Posted

I was on 40 for about 6 weeks and then my doctor put me on 60. The results do take a while and its hard to gauge. I still have down days, but it mostly has helped
    • Posted

Hi David, How long have you been on 60??  I increased up to 50mg 3 weeks ago but still feel rubbish, I'm hoping its side effects!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.