Stomach burning pain and gurgling,burping and Very dry throat sometime I felt there's a Lump

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi does anyone in here has the same symptoms especially the dry throat everyday that worsen at night specially in bed?dry and discomfort feeling in the throat is giving me sleepless nights.cry I'm so scared now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

These symptoms you describe are from extra-oesophageal reflux.

The lump in the throat is "Globus" - the cricopharyngeal muscle tightening in an attempt to prevent it.

Dry throat is common, too, and sipping water may just result in reflux. Chewing sugar less gum may help.

• Posted

Hi Barret thanks for your reply.honestly I'm confused now if which is the real or root of my problem is it my throat or my stomach.Is it the what you call extra esophageal reflux is the cause of my stomach pain or acid?or is it my stomach acid that cause the extra esophageal reflux.I want to know which is which and where to focus with treatment. because everytime I go to the doctor they just  say it's my stomach,and the dryness of throat is the effect of heavy acid.

• Posted

Is extra aesophageal reflux a symptoms  of Barrette esophagus?
  • Posted

Are you taking medications for your stomach? I would think the burning in your stomach is either acid or maybe an ulcer. I was diagnosed with Barretts and an ulcer in my esophogus. Before I was getting treatment for it I would feel really bloated a lot of burping and nausea. Don't be scared I'm sure you are fine but go to the gastro dr and see what they say. do you get endoscopies?

• Posted

I will have H pylori test in 2 weeks time and still need to wait for the hospital to phone me on 16th of September to book me an appointment for endoscopy I think I need to wait for a month for that appointment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.