Varicose vein operation tomorrow

Posted , 3 users are following.

getting nervous,

would love to hear from others

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I had mine under local anaesthetic VNUS Closure. I could have driven home, although I did not, but I did drive the following day. I was swimming again the following week. 

Good luck, I am sure it will be fine.

• Posted

What procedure are you having done? My ablation was done by laser to remove my ill-functioning saphenous vein on my left leg.

There were shots given to numb the area, and then the laser was used to eliminate the vein as a wand like instrument entered through a small incision. I felt a warm feeling that was not at all unpleasant. The procedure took about a half hour. A compression stocking was put on, I got dressed and walked out the door. My husband and I went to breakfast after that at IHOP!

Don't worry!😊

• Posted

Mine was similar only using radio frequency rather than laser.  As well as the saphenous vein being removed I had some wiggly ones removed as well.
    • Posted

My doctor suggested spider vein removal several weeks after my ablation. I went with it, and my legs DID look better than usual on our family trip to Daytona Beach, Florida several months later.😊

HOWEVER, not even a year later, I had NEW spider veins!😲 Five years later my legs definitely DO NOT look like the ones belonging to those ladies on vein commercials!😱😵😎 That's OK. I have pretty ugly-shaped legs anyway!😁

What I care about is being done with my painful knees. Also, by getting that stupid saphenous vein gone I feel like I did good at preventing a potential problem that COULD turn nasty if ignored.

Are you doing well with your legs?

• Posted

My thigh is a bit wavy since the op.  Otherwise everything is fine.
    • Posted

My operation was postponed, but I am not nervous anymore. ( for next

time) thanks so much!

• Posted

Sorry to hear that your operation was postponed, but very glad to hear that you aren't all nervous about it anymore!🙌😁😊🙌 Be sure to let us know how things go!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.