Pain is really getting me down. Any ideas

Posted , 5 users are following.

in the last two weeks my pain score has trebled! And the pain seems to last anything up to four hours later? I'm seeing a consultant on the 26th sept and it won't come too soon. What ideally should I be avoiding food and drink wise. So much conflicting information..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Avoid stodge, white bread, carbs cakes etc.

Try to eat more fibre, and drink lots of water, orange juice,eat more veg like broccoli,cabbage, sweetcorn, they all make it easier to have a soft bm.

Avoid pasta, eat wholemeal rice, and avoid curry! 

It's horrible and the pain can be indescribable, I hope you get somewhere with the consultant.

• Posted

Thanks for that. Suppose maybe  we're all different with what's agreeing with us and what's not! I'll give anything a go at the moment. The pain has been that bad, I've so felt like not eating..  But  feel that would be counter productive .

• Posted

Hi Bobo 1761,

I feel what you are going trough.I have had suffered with anal fissure for about 15 years on and off.I have gone to the doctor countless times and each time was givena cream helped for a while and that come back again.Then 4 months ago I got a flare up that lasted for 3 months .Hated going to the bathroom.The pain was unbareable for hours after a BM.I even when to have my pastor pray for the pain to go .My doctor wanted surgery I said no because of the side efects.

This is what I did.I started to do Enemas trust me i was scared at first inserting what up my behind/ But the pain was so bad that I had to do it .Whola no pain after the enema it was slight naging tipe of thing but not really bad.Than i used coconut oil and Basil essential oil suposatory.The basil is antyspsmatic and antyimflametory and the coconut moisterizes your skin.no more using soap down there it dries you up.Try this for a week enema in the morning.I dont know if your fissure is from constipation or diariah .If it is constipation try chelated magnesium at night before bed with 2 big glasses of water .Will soften your stool and realive the spasam that you get with anal fissure.If it is diariah you will need to start taking Pre biotics that is food for your good bacteria in your gut.

If that doesnt work you can make suposatories from cococnut oil and you can buy the oil for fissures from optimal health .net that will garantie to work .Hope this help .Sory for the long reply .Happy healing

• Posted

That being said, I am attaching a post that I put on somebody else blog with some tips on how to deal with it: 

Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much metamucil as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there. Your goal should be nice soft well-formed stools.

5. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. you do not have to worry about this, as you are not in pain, but I just wanted to throw it in there. 

Try listening to music to distract your mind a bit, especially when going to the bathroom. If you are in writing pain, distract yourself with a movie or TV show right after.

Good Luck!!!

Sincerely,

Myles 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.