Rhinitis loss of senses

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone suffer from loss of smell and taste with their rhinitis as well as an itchy nose. I hate not being able to taste my food anymore or smell everyday things. Help I am so fed up with this illness any tips.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes mainly the lack of smell for me. I do miss this, when my family forget and say oh that smells lovely. My taste buds not as astute as they used to be. When you lack smell it will effect how you taste also I have read. Ryhinitis s miserable I was recently given 6 days of steroids as my sinuses got very bungee up (sorry to be disgusting) and nothing would come out. It was trapped, my doctor could hear it as I spoke, as it gurgled away 😱😱. The 6 day steroid did help thank goodness. I was hosting a big birthday party for my husband, and was dreading not being able to speak because of the nose situation. I have asthma also and have t breath through my mouth as my nose always blocked. I am on Fexofenidine 180 mg for the Ryhinitis and think that s the best of them all. I also think Sterimar 100% sea water spray is really good, it is just sea water that moistens the nasal passage and  washes it out. Hypertonic solution. 

• Posted

Oh also the Sterimar is available on Amazon not expensive. The Hypertonic one has a little more salt in it and I found that one ok. This may help your tickling nose, the skin inside your nose may be dry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.