Is it anything serious feels like poop is too big or stuck to push out.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive been going pretty normally. It comes out fine no problems but last week I had a very hard time pushing it out. The urge to use the bathroom hit me and the first of it came OK then it got stuck. I tried to push it out but I couldnt. This has never happened to me. Then 2 days later it came out smooth and easily. A week later and it happened again. It feel stuck or too big. I took a laxative and when it kicked in it came out fast and liquidy then it felt like the flow got stopped. It felt very odd. Im not bleeding but it does hurt alot. I try not to strain myself but i feel like pushing is the only way but its too difficult and doesnt budge. now I'm scared to go poop. I get stuck. Is this normal or dangerous.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

See the doctor if this carries on for a week or more.  In the meantime I suggest you get both hemorroidal and laxative suppositories - and use as needed.
  • Posted

Seems to me you have a blockage.  The hard poop is trying to exit but is too big hence goes back and stays in the stigmoid colon (I think). The more it stays, the harder it will get. The rest of the poop is finding its way out but this one.  All you have to do is lubricate the exit area.  Mineral oil enema is the best approach if lubrication fails.  Eat healthy fats and do stomach crunches ( only after healing from this ordeal as we do not wanna put strain on the butthole) exercises.  Sedantary lifestyle in which stomach muscles are not used often can contribute to such blockages.  Eat less insoluble fibrous/stringy foods.  Insoluble fibre like its name suggest, does not dissolve in water.  This fibre forms into a tight ball that is hard to push when enough water is not consumed.  Eat a lot of soluble fibre instead. Last but not the least eat one pill of Magnesium (oxide) 250 mg, organic Vit E, and a dose of Miralax before going to bed.  Magnesium expands the muscles so it helps the exit area to widen a bit, Vitamin E will speedily cure your damaged skin around the anus and Miralax will soften the stool that has hardened by drawing water into it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.