foot and ankle problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I just had surgery 5 months ago. L5-s1 before that I had problems with my right foot. I always had heel pain standing a period time. The past 2 years I had My heel hurt and shooting pain to my toes. Mainly my big toe. But it's like an never ending pain. It hurts more to walk or stand. Now the pain hurts on the sides of my foot. Dr. Has told me I had mild arthritis in my ankle with is swell up pain shoots up my leg making it hurt too. It hurts bad in the middle of foot. I been to foot doctors and they dont know nothing. The bone that is in the middle by ankle hurts too. Can you plz. Help?? Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Joe, First I am so, so sorry for your pain. I had pain in my L foot for 5ys before surgery. You didn't say what kind of foot Dr, was it a podiatrist?. I would highly recommend an orthopedic surgeon. Good Luck & don't stop until you find someone that can help you! Mar

• Posted

Joe, First I am so, so sorry for your pain. I had pain in my L foot for 5ys before surgery. You didn't say what kind of foot Dr, was it a podiatrist?. I would highly recommend an orthopedic surgeon. Good Luck & don't stop until you find someone that can help you! Mary

• Posted

Hello Mary, 2 of them claim to be surgeon's but they are podiatrists. Yeah I have mild arthritis around my ankle but my hole foot hurts and it runs up my leg to. I just had lower back surgery and I know I have some nerve damage but it's been this way almost 2 years and it hurts all on the sides. I don't think the arthritis well do my hole foot. All they want to do is x rays but it doesn't show much. I'm getting tired of going to doctor's and to the ER for this. They have my gabapitin and Indonesian for the pain but no pills will help it. I'll have to see what I can do to see one maybe what you requested to see if anything. The doctor's here are dumb. All they do is push it to another person. My main doctor I'm gonna give him the boot because he don't listen to my problems. He got smart with me and told me if I can't stand get a skill in computers or something to where I can sit down. I really wanted to kick his butt for that because I am gonna be 44 and I have adhd problems with other health problems. I don't think that was wide for him to say that. But I'm gonna check into that. Thanks

• Posted

Hello, if you have been to a foot doctor and they don't know anything you can try to search it in google similar of what you are experiencing now. But sometimes, you know that in researching it is not that reliable. You may also see another foot doctor to ask for 2nd opinion sometimes there is that situation that your first attempt, the doctor can't see anything. Try to ask your colegues or search the best foot doctor in town. The doctor that you can be trusted and highly recommended one.

• Posted

Are you talking about a podiatrist or a Dr of Orthopedic Surgery?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.