July 2nd my heart rate went up to 160, I was diagnosed with afib

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had to stay in hospital over night, and was able to go home next day, I was put on beta blockers first atenolol, think it's spelled right and I could not handle it, I got switched to carvedilol and I'm hoping and guessing my stingy and pitching feelings I get is from the med, well I worry a lot, and I recently went to gatlinburg tenn. and was worried being away from home, I had it in my head that I didn't want to be away from home, so I got nervous and was feeling all the stingy lil feeling around heart, I went to hospital being scared, they ran heart X-ray and ekg both normal told me calm down haha, I got a stress test done went got home, it was normal also

I recently got married, and went on honeymoon to Vegas, and yes I was nervous the whole time with the same feelings, my bp stayed 145/95 and 140/90 whole time, soon as got home it was 120/80 I was relaxed I guess, same with gatlinburg trip!

Tonight I had a very intense football game it was for 1st place, and I was very nervous my heart rate was around 96, highest it's been since got sick, my doc gave me lexapro but I have not started yet, guess it's time. Does this sound like anxiety?? Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety can do alot of bad things take me for example. This year I started a stressful job which caused alot of daily anxiety and panic attacks for 8 months straight. Then the stress caused depression which all of it led to health problems.

I woke up one night and my life has changed for the worse

I woke up light headed

Severe sensitivity to lights and heat

Brain fog

Heart racing

Breathing problems

Memory loss

Racing thoughts

I couldn't eat or swallow food

I stopped eating for a couple months

I lost 55 pounds

I contemplated suicide but never acted on it. I went to the doctor and he started me on 10mg of lexapro for 2 weeks which was working but moldy. Then upped me to 20mg which I've been in for 9 days now. Things are improving but in baby steps. Day by day I'm feeling better and I'm better for it.

Take the meds and see how it goes. Anxiety, stress, panic and depression can do bad things imo and it's not worth waiting when you can get relief now.

• Posted

Thank you for sharing, yes the 2 mths. leading up to my wedding my wife got sick, she worried, and I started worrying about her, then one day at a family cookout, I ate good lol was not doing anything but walking to play cornhole, bent over to get bags, when I did my heart just felt like it was beating out my chest, I waited a few games see if would calm down, it never did, so I went to ER my heart rate was 160! It was very scarey, now you don't want it to happen again, and it constantly stays on your mind

• Posted

I understand the mind trick. My mind raced and raced for 8 months. I kept researching every disease that fit any symptom I had and i kept buying pills for this disease and that disease and I worried about everything. I've had every test in the world. Come to find out it's just anxiety and stress

• Posted

I take aspirin in morning, carvedilol about 7 in evening, and I also take dilatin at bed time 300 mg, my lexapro just says take one a day, I wonder what time would be best to take everyday? I go to work during day at noon, should I take then or night?? Thanks alot
    • Posted

I take mine at 7am my doctor told me anxiety meds work best when your awake and work less when your asleep. So far so good at 7-8am
  • Posted

3rd day I must say has prob. Been most side effects!! I wish and pray these pinch feelings around my heart area are from anxiety or the beta blocker, that's what scares me the most, if it's the med doing it, then ok I can deal with it knowing it's the med. but I get nervous that it's not the med. a lot! Some of muscle pain has gotten better, but nervous more today than last two days and started the diarrhea last night and naseau lil bit more calm last coup days! Hope it all goes away soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.