I have a 15mm kidney stone

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's so weird that they found a 15mm stone on my left kidney and I never had any pain. The reason they found it was cuz I was in a minor car accident that I hurt my back and needed an MRI, they found something strange so they sent me for a cat scan and there it was a large stone.. that was may 2016 I finally I got my uterscopy today but unfortunately my doc couldn't break it while I was under for two hours but he did inserted a stent, It's pretty painful and uncomfortable but i have a high tolerance for pain anyway my question is what's next I dt see doc till Monday and I'm so worried. God knows how long I had it there and if it did any damage to my kidney. Have anyone ever had it that big and what steps did they take to break it?? Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I was told last week that I have a kidney stone that is 1.5 cm. I've had no pain but they found it due to having IBS symptoms. I've got Drs appointment today to discuss what is going to happen but I'm not keen on them blasting it. Hope you don't have too much pain and have a speedy recovery x

• Posted

To be honest thir was something wrong with my left kidney... cus they were going to Lazer it to brake it but they ended up doing cutting my left kidney open and i guess the stones fell out the doctor said and idk cus i have to wait to i dont see mine till the 13 too and I had my surgery on the 2ed... and they pulled me out of work on July 19... and they still have not filled out my papaer work for disability.... and i been in so much pain with this stent In too... and i also have a high tolerance for pain as well but the stick has been hurting me actually quite a bit definitely can't do normal things like a lot of people can with your stint and do you have a string coming out of your girl area because I don't have one?!

• Posted

Hi Diana

I would imagine that if they couldnt blast your stone to break it they will proberly go in to retrieve it quite possibley by pcnl surgery.

This is where they make a small incision in your back  and go in that way, like keyhole surgery,and quite often they remove the stone as a whole or try and blast again.

I am on the waiting list for this as at my last MRI my stone has grown to 19mm.

Good luck...

• Posted

Hello Steph9283 that is a big stone, I didn't get sonar blast cuz doc said 85% chance it was gonna work so I chose uretrascopy and that didn't work they couldn't get to it without damaging any organs. I'm hoping the back sugery is my last option but I think is the only option..I wish you the best of luck and hope they dt have to insert the stent....good luck

• Posted

Good luck and let us know how you get on when you see your consultant...

Steph..

• Posted

Most definite and you keep us posted with your condition....good luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.