Can acupuncture heal frozen shoulder

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi .I have spoken to anow acupuncture guy after I had my latest cortisone shot..he advised me that 5 sessions with him can unfreeze my FS..I already have spent a lot of money on physiotherapists and oit's and stuff..did anyone try this Japanese healing method with positive results?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Before doing mua I did six sessions of acupuncture. It didn't help me at all with the pain or rom.

• Posted

Yep me to!! Didn't help with either pain or rom............but they are quick to take your money  sad

• Posted

Nope nothing from acupuncture sorry  sad

This is my second fs and I'm awaiting to see surgeon for op date! Can't put up with the pain and limited movement any longer! I want my life back!!!

• Posted

I did acupuncture for another issue and it didn't help at all.  I wouldn't do it for FS or for anything else again.  Am hoping time will heal my FS as it has for others.  Best of luck to you.

• Posted

My PT did a little dry needling. I'm sorry but I think you should save your money. Acupuncture will not cure FS.

If there is anyone out there with a different opinion from experience , please share.

• Posted

It is difficult to envisage what effect needles would have on a shrunken tight painfull capsule.
    • Posted

Very weird feeling when he put needle in.......he said I only had a minimal amount of space barely enough to accomadate the needle! Said Oh well you will be well and truly frozen solid by xmas (this was october 2014) Just felt he was happy to take my money and that I wouldn't get any benifit from it!!!! I did about 5-6 sessions and got ziltch from it so said bye bye!!!! He also manipulated my neck which was vile!!! The sound it made!!! My GP said don't waste your money & thats when I went down the surgical route! I have never looked back  smile Now got to sort the other shoulder out......surgery here I come!!!! smile 

• Posted

Thanks..I definitely can come tht the concensus on acupuncture is negative..😏

• Posted

FYI Acupuncture didn't help me but it also didn't hurt. Many of the needles were placed in other parts of my body to "open my channels " get to pressure points and so on. They have a whole system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.