hard drugs

Posted , 6 users are following.

help need rehab pregnant cant get support locally worried social will take baby please talk to me

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That sounds rough.

What are you taking?

• Posted

Hi there and welcome.

I'm a midwife and have dealt with many women addicted to hard drugs. How many weeks pregnant are you? Have you seen your midwife for Booking yet, because she will refer you to people who can help you.

Unless you're in the States, where midwives don't seem to do anything much.

Almost all the women we delivered who were on hard drugs kept their babies, with support. The babies were born addicted, so we detoxed them for a fortnight and closely observed mum and dad interacting with their newborns.

The chances are that if you have a decent place to live, family support and a desire to get off the drugs, Social Services won't take the babay from you.

Love Tess xx

• Posted

I dont have the knowledge to advise you. But I pray the right people will come into your life and support you and the baby. You can do this!!!
  • Posted

I woud try to do whatever possible to get off the drugs or get the mother off the drugs, not just for fear of losing the baby to social services, but to ensure the baby is in good health. As Tess says, the baby will be born with an addiction and will need detox; but, should a baby need to go through that for their first two weeks on this planet?

Drugs are addicitive and hard to get off, but be strong and try. You can do it with support from family, your partner, friends, and knowing you are doing it so your new born won't have to. 

If this seems impossible or becomes impossible, please take Tess' advice and find a mid-wife who may be able to help.

I wish you all the strength in the world and a beautiful happy healthy baby.

• Posted

Hi Dave, I take it you are the Daddy (Dave?) so its good to see you want help for her, too. As long as your wife/girlfriend seeks HELP... and expresses her concern and she shows every willingness to get off the drugs... she will get the help she needs... Its really important to be open and upfront about this... What Tess said, especially, is right on and very encouraging... The baby will require watching for a time... I wish you all kinds of love and good wishes... and THANK YOU for caring... This will be a tough row to hoe...but it CAN be done... Please keep in touch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.