saturation levels

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I was wondering if I should worry about my oxygen levels I have bronchiectasis and my levels sometimes drop to 89 and tend to go up and down from 95 to 89 x

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Mine goes from 88 to 97 it is always up and down as far as I know it is normal x
  • Posted

Hi Joycemadine

89 is too low, if your saturations drop below 92 it is considered low

My husband is a paramedic and he says they give oxygen 92 and below.

I think most of us have this problem with our lungs

Its a matter of trying to clear them by doing physio to get the phlegm up or i find having an asthma inhaler and having a few puffs on that helps to clear your airway and breath a little easier.

Deb.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Debs .It never seems to stay down at 89 a few deep breaths and it will go back up to between 92 and 96 x
  • Posted

Hi joycemadine, I have same sort of saturation levels..I am coming on to 70yrs young..and noone seems to panic about it..except me..lol...but a few very deep breathes usually will bring the numbers up to about 95-96..hope this helps to settle your worries
    • Posted

Hello nanooskar. How do you check your oxygen level at home?

Thank you.

• Posted

Hi Lana30007 

both actually. I have a device which has been checked against doctors office one and the pulmonary physio one and they are all so close to the same all the time..so doc is happy for me to keep checking at home and flag him when there is an issue..I have sat in his office with him threatening an ambulance when reading has been about 88 and taken deep breathes relaxd and watched it rise..to our lungs get lazy and need to be encouraged to breath deep

• Posted

Hello!

Do you check your oxygen level by going to doctors or you have device at home?

• Posted

Hi Ian I do it at home with a finger meter thing I bought it off E bay ... x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.