Olive Oil.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just an enquiry, is anyone taking Olive Oil, and if so does it help in any way?, I've read it's good for joints and is anti-inflammatory.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Martin, I haven't tried olive oil but I don't think it would have much effect. I have had fs since January and it is brutal. Strongly recommend getting to a good consultant as soon as possible, having jabs as soon as possible and pt and maybe surgery. The only other option is time and that means two to three years.

• Posted

HA! Been waiting so long to see ANY consultant that the shoulder is un-frozen and VERY painful.

Olive oil may or may not help but is worth including in your diet anyway. Omega 3 is supposed to be good for joints. I take it as a supplement and in the form of flax seeds which are also good for the digestive tract.

• Posted

Hi if you are looking for self help stuff rather than medications; and going under the knife then I found that a heat pad worked for me. I also used turmeric capsules as an anti inflammatory . I could also recommend a TENS machine and trigger point therapy. I am a full 12 months into FS and I have regained around 90% of normal movement. And I am pain free. FS is a hideous condition that I hope is never repeated (although I am now having familiar twinges in my other shoulder). I put my onset down to stress so I am trying to remain as stress free as possible and have recently joined a yoga classes to help with this. I wish you well.

Cindy

• Posted

Thanks Cindy, It's my wife with the frozen shoulder, she's already trying these sort of things so she'll keep on with them, we've read it's a long process.

• Posted

Alternate heat with ice depending which feels better. On line you can buy this pad that you can keep by your bed and activate to get hot when you need it. Very convenient for middle of the night. Also I did mua which relieved most of Pain and goes regain some range of motion
  • Posted

Hi .I'm not sure about olive oil but my doctor hasaid recommend tumeric and cayenne pepper as a natural anti inflammatory solution.

• Posted

Not had much luck with joints and olive oil, but great for skin .
  • Posted

I have recently undergone Medical Laser Therapy for my FS - 4 sessions and I have 70% movement back. I now just to finger exercises twice a day and rub magnesium oil into my shoulder and arm after the exercises. Improving each day. I was scheduled for Manual Manipulation when I heard about this treatment. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.