Stone stuck at upper utterer. First attempt unsuccessful

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have 4mm upper ureteric stone stuck at left side. The first surgery was unsuccessful as stone stuck in the cell. The Surgeon put the stent in. The next surgery in a week.

What are the chances that stone would come out second time.

Sid

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello I went thru the same thing tues, my surgery was also unsuccessful and I have a 15mm stone. They also inserted the stent and I have to see my doc Monday , in my opinion the last option is surgery thru the back the keyhole surgery....sonar blast won't break my stone.. meanwhile while ur waiting keep hydrated , take your meds cuz the pain from the stent becomes unbearble..good luck

• Posted

Hi Diana my 3 year old son also has a 15mm stone which has been unable to break up after a few rounds of laser and is also going to have the puncture to get a direct shot at it. I would love to know how you find the procedure (if you have it) as it is very uncommon in children.
    • Posted

My stone stuck in upper ureter. I think he put stent to make some space to reach to the stone. I prefer not to make the hole from back. That will make me off work for 2 weeks.
    • Posted

Hi Marie56013, I am so sorry to hear that I never knew they can get stones at a young age. A large stone like that blasting it wasn't going to work according to my doc so I chose to go straight thru the urethra and even that didn't help, he couldn't get to the stone without damaging any organs.i guess your doc chose a less invasive way of breaking it so sorry it didnt work. I will find out nx week what's my next step..hopefully your doctor will choose a procedure that will work and be less painful and hopefully they wt insert a stent that is so painful.. I pray that your son dt go thru so much pain.. keep me posted Good luck

• Posted

Hi sid69555, as I learned the stent is for the stone to release itself without causing you pain...usually to go thru your back is the last option..how big is your stone??? Do your research first and choose a procedure that will give you a high percentage of breaking your stone....good luck
    • Posted

Ok according to my doctor if my stone would of been smaller I could of gone first to the sonar blast procedure, I would suggest you consult with your doctor about blasting it that way you won't miss too many days from work...good luck

• Posted

Yeah. If he is available to talk. I think he is trying to use basket technique. That is grabing the stone with thin ROD. I am still trying to got appointment with him earlier than surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.