Lisinopril HCTZ 10-12.5 mg does this work for everyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been researching these forums about blood pressure medication as I was originally prescribed Amlodipine a few months back.  It wasn't working and gave me chest pains and horrible tinnitus.  I have been on Lisiniprol HCTZ for about 2 weeks now and cannot believe the difference - as everything is so much better and totally within the normal ranges.  I found that this is the BP med that my mother, father took, and that my brother has been taking for years - and I am so happy that it works so well.  I'm not getting the tickle in my throat like other people profess - so I guess it works different for different people - but the blood pressure readings make me so happy after my recent bout with SAH in March 2016.  It was caused by high blood pressure and I almost died - so I needed a bp med that would actually work.  I am thinking about all of the people in these forums who get blood pressure medication and never find one that works - as I know how dangerous this can be - I would only suggest you ask your doc about Lisiniprol - as it has been around forever and actually works.  On the amlodipine I was a stress case and always depressed because it was not working.  I can finally not sit here all day and worry about my next blood pressure reading smile

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Glad you found something that works well for you. Just think, you gave up just one medication, then found the right combo. Just because your Mother, Father & Brother took the same medication & had success, didn't mean you would.Everyone is different, but again; I'm glad it all worked out for you. 

Yes, Lisinipril IS an A.C.E. Inhibitor & the HCTZ is a diuretic. Are they seperate, or combined in the pill. Regardless, it means you are taking TWO bp medications, but at the same time. 

Congrates!

• Posted

That's so good to hear! I need to switch from amlodipine - have only been on it for 3 weeks but also getting chest discomfort & tinnitus.

• Posted

I am actually taking Lisiniprol HCTZ 10.5/12

Still working well.  I have a cholesterol problem as well, however the cholesterol meds have not worked for a year, so I had to discontinue and go with diet/exercise for that.  With the Lisiniprol, I just don't add salt but still eat the items which have salt and blood pressure readings have been awesome - please let me know how this goes for you smile

• Posted

Any luck with your blood pressure meds? I hope you get the right one smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.