ACID REFLEX

Posted , 3 users are following.

OMEPRAZOLE HELPS A LITTLE 40MG 2X PER DAY.  HELPS A LITTLE BUT NOT A WHOLE LOT.  NOT REALLY SURE IF THIS IS REALLY ACID REFLEX.  CLEARING OF THE THROAT A LOT.  VOCAL CORDS NOT HARMED AND I CAN SLEEP.  THIS IS TRULY A PAIN.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

80mg omeprazole a day is a very high dose. Is this prescribed and monitored by a doctor? These drugs are too powerful to be played around with.

Presumably if you need that much you'll have had an endoscp[ic examination? What did it reveal?

Clearing throat etc sounds more like reflux than acid. You'll need to work on that.

See the section on Reflux in the www DownWithAcid org uk book.

• Posted

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.  NOT A BIG FAN OF ANY THROAT CULTURE/EXAM.  A TRUE COWARD AT HEART PERTAINING TO THIS STUFF.  A DENTIST I CAN HANDLE.  I WILL BE SEEING THE ENT FOR THE SECOND TIME ON 9-12-16.  HACKING CAN DRIVE BOTH FAMILY AND EVERYONE ELSE CRAZY.
    • Posted

The cough was my worst symptom prior to surgery.

I've had dozens of endoscopes. They're much better than going to the dentist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.