Lesion Enhancement

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am newly diagnosed as Late onset early stages of Spinal MS. I am 53 . My first attack of severe symptoms was Feb 2013. MRI of cervial spine then showed two enhanced lesions. One month ago the lesions still show as enhanced on that MRI. My question is do they always appear enhanced if they give you contrast ? I thought I read they only show that way if they are active lesions. Could they stay active for three years.?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry I've never heard of spinal ms. I though ms was ms and that there were 4 types rrms progressive ms and I'm not sure what the others are.

• Posted

The Neurologist said spinal MS. Not sure why. He also said Relapsing Remitting type. I guess I need to read up on Lesions. I truly thought they didn't show enhancement when they were older lesions only active lesions enhance. I will have many questions for him on the next visit. Have a great day.

• Posted

I looked it up and you're right they call it spinal ms when you only have lesions on your spine but it's no worse apparently. Maybe when they say enhanced its because they see them better with contrast. Good luck with your Ms journey and try not to be too scared mum had ms too and she would still be alive today if she hadn't fallen in October and broke her hip and died after the operation. She was 82 i have MS you can manage with good people around you. 💮🌹

• Posted

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my mom to Colon Caner 46 years ago when not much was known about it. I have three brothers who were diagnosed with it before the age of 50. They are all cancer free now. Hopefully the same will happen in the near future with MS. A cure or some type of prevention.
    • Posted

Thank you and sorry for your loss too. Cancer is a big pRt of my family's health issues having lost several close relatives over 3 years including mums brother. Her sister died of cancer some years ago. My dsds dsd died of colon cancer too but dads (touch wood) a cancer survivor as is my sister. My other sister died two years ago, diagnosed with early Parkinson's I think she had ms but she had other health issues too. Mum had a sort of breakdown over it. Stress us best avoided. I'd rather have ms than cancer. You take care, live in the moment, there are some lovely people still in the world don't waste time ir energy on the nit so nice ones. 💞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.