Spasms

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello. I have been suffering with plantar fasciitis for two months now in my right foot.  saw Doctor two weeks ago who recommended stretches and night bracing. I have begun to have spasms in my foot.  The excruciating pain when I first get up in the  morning along with the dull aching pain all day and now stabbing pains periodically  All day (not related to any activity) has made this unbearable. Has anyone else had this experience. Expecting to see doctor again in a week. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Nancy, I am so sorry you have this! I had it for 6 months. Went to doctor, chiropractor, x-rays, mri, exercises, ice, boot. I tried to do everything suggested. Finally read on forum a man who found relief after one week by doing the exercise of lifting feet up on toes, but he did it by having heel hang off step. I did them twice a day plus rubbing with essential oils. Mine is finally almost gone. MRI showed I had the pf plus bone spurring and bone cyst. Hope you find relief soon!
    • Posted

Hi Paulette, I have the exact same thing as Nancy. I am going to do what you suggest because I am terrified of the needle. What essential oils did you use and how long were the intervals when you did the heal stretch? Thanks! Jen
  • Posted

Yes I have had all those symptoms and dealing with large heel spur and PF for two years. usng the brace caused burning pain along outside of bottom of foot. I've stopped using it. Have also stopped doing all stretches and am finally seeing progress with shock treatment and home foot circulation machine. I think my foot needed rest more than anything else.

• Posted

Try taping it and wearing a compression sock a night
  • Posted

I am doing several stretches as recommended by doctor and wear night brace. I tried two different braces bought on line but because I am quite petite I think they are too large and not really doing job they should be doing. Doc said wait 2 weeks for results and he recommends cortisone shots as next step but am terrified of them after everything I've read. Not sure what to do next. 

• Posted

Try the tape. Google online for directions. I used rock tape that I bought online but there are other brands It really helped my foot pain. I also started wearing a compression sick at night. That seems to help and cones in different sizes. Also people on group seem to think that it's important to have cushions in shoes so I bought them too and will start wearing them I agree from reading others comments the shots sound like it could make things worse. I don't think I would do unless it was the last resort

• Posted

Hi Nancy, PF as I have said in previous posts does vary tremendously in treatment and effect in different people. I have had many PF flare-ups varying in intensity but I am lucky that except for one lasting two months most have gone after a week or two.

For me the pain can vary from a hot throbbing ache all night, shooting pains, a feeling of hot ants crawling under the skin, and a hair lifting shriek of pain when putting my heel on the floor.

I did visit a doctor once but he just patted me on the head and gave me a prescription for Naproxen, which I must admit after, maybe unwisely, taking three times the dose did work. The problem with powerful painkillers is that they may take some pain away temporarily which means you can do more damage and when they wear off it hurts even more.

Can only add that it seems braces do not work that well, and stretching can be good to prevent a flare up but maybe not so good as a treatment. Rest is the best medicine but for family and work reasons is not always easily done.

I had a strange PF associated episode last week when my right foot ached terribly and felt as though someone had hit it with a hammer, this suddenly disappeared after two days and immediately my left foot felt the same but worse and was really swollen but fortunately lasted only four days. I think it may have due to wearing Reebok TrainTone shoes for about six miles on London pavements. I used to recommend these shoes, and although supportive, well cushioned and comfortable, do have a de-stabilising effect which may have caused the problem.

Hope you find something that works soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.