Had to stop taking this medication due to side effects.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there, my dr prescribed this medication for anxiety, but I had to stop taking it due to the side effects it was giving me. Anyone else have this problem.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I am having side effects with this medication , feeling very nauseous & bad headaches , I am still taking it as I am afraid to stop it as its to slow your heartbeat & blood pressure (had heart op at Xmas so very wary of stopping it ) I am taking it for anxiety as well 

what side effects are you having ? 

• Posted

Hi there, I find during the day it makes me light headed and dizzy, so I find it hard to go out in the day, also I get numbness in my hands and feet and I find my self in bed most of the day. I feel like I have vertigo. Today I had some shoulder and neck pain, but that's gone away now. I have a multinodular thyroid that has to be removed, plus not to mention I have two boys with autism and I also have glaucoma, so feel like everything is on top of me at the moment. I feel fine when I don't take it in the daytime and I will see my dr this week

• Posted

Gosh you have got a lot going on in your life feel for you .just don't think Drs are very helpful at times , dr told me its all in my head !!! Take care & let me know how you get on at Drs x

• Posted

Thankyou and yes I will let you know how I go at my gp. I will try taking half a tablet before bed as I haven't been sleeping and been feeling like the whole world is caving in. 

• Posted

Hi I was on the medication for anxirty too. I have stopped taking the medication . I was so lathargic and forgetful. I was absolutely shattered by 8pm. I also put on over a stone and a half. I was always hungry. Maybe it was my bodies reaction to slowing down my metabolism. Any way seem a little better, How are you doing.
    • Posted

I took half a tablet before bed time and I am finding that it is giving me insomnia and numbness down my body. I thought it would help me sleep but it's not doing that.😩

• Posted

He said to stop taking it if I don't like the aide effects, but this is the first time I took half a tablet before bed time and it has given me this reaction

• Posted

Your doctor should work with you to find the right meds for you. If he/she doesn't help you, find another doctor. I find that doctors, in general, have seen so many things that they lose their empathy; they don't seem to care. So, its up to you to be your own advocate. It's hard, especially when you're filled with anxiety. But, it'll be worth it. You'll get your life back. Don't give up.

• Posted

Thankyou I hope I can get to sleep, I Ve never been this way before, so I hope the effects of the medication where off soon.
    • Posted

I can't get any sleep when you head down it goes all numb it feels like a brain freeze, I don't know what to do. I don't know if I'm having a bad reaction to this medication

• Posted

No offense, but your doctor doesn't sound like he cares. Find someone else who won't tell you, basically, tough luck if you don't like it. That's not professional at all. You just need to find the right combination. It took me 2 years to figure it all out. I don't know how I survived, honestly. So, find someone who truly wants to help you. This guy has no compassion.

• Posted

I'm up after having some sort of rest and had a trembling right hand and arm also but that has now past. I think I have a tension headache and I would love for that to go now. I also may be suffering from depression but I will get help as I definitely need it my body is worn down dramatically. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.