new glasses

Posted , 3 users are following.

is it possible that my new glasses are excacerbating the effects of ny cateracts - it certainly feeels that way  or will it just take time to get used to new lens

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Could very well be possible. My cataract is one eye is very sensitive ti light. Glass reflects light in our eyes. Cataracts are like crystals in our eyes reflecting light over and over thru the cataract. 

I wear sunglasses even when watching tv to prevent this. Even reading with glasses the light must be very low .

you could talk to your eye dr ask for glasses that change when light hit them. 

• Posted

I had cataract surgery and new lenses implanted and now I cannot get any glasses that I can see through. I am going to go back to have a laser procedure done as my dr says he can see my eyes starting to cloud up. Will post later after I have this done. I can't stand the way my eyes are now. Hope you find some way to get yours right.

• Posted

Had normal lense first time and it was the wrong another one later they said it was to be a type for astigmatism. In other words my eye is slightly football shaped. That was bad. Then laser. Nothing helped my vision is worse that it was with the cataracts. Blurry vision double even with glasses. I can't begin to reall you how they get away with hurting patients and not taking responsibility. Really frustrating.

So now they say I have to have the other eye done . That's not happening anytime soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.