Fatigue is terrible.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Started with HSP last year. This is my 4th bout. Its the fatigue that I hate. Love walking not to sure should I give it up. Love to get any feed back on walking Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

The general advice always seems to be to rest. However, I found walking at least 5km a day really helped my rash and resting made the rash worse. I don't suffer from fatigue though so I guess it depends on how you are feeling.

• Posted

Hi Anne. My daughter who is almost 15 hot HSP a year ago, fatigue his her worst nightmare as she was so into her sports. Since the end of March she seemed to be getting better, but two weeks ago she had a small flair up, but the fatigue was 10 fold. She went back to school last Thursday and BT 4.30pm went to bed and woke up at 5.15 ready to get up for school. Friday better, but slept most of the weekend. Today she seems to be OK. She also has about 15kgs of water weight to drag round with her from the steroids she took from Nov 15 - march 16. Hoping your HSP is not too bad. xx
    • Posted

Oh I'm sorry for your poor daughter 15 she should be running around. I'm at the other end I mean I'm just a young 63 just bought a fitbit a few weeks ago enjoying getting the buzz when I reached my goal. Hope your daughter recovers quickly.

• Posted

Pro-biotics - pharmaceutical grade and antihistamines helped my daughter.  Look up NHS probiotics on a search engine for NHS info.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.