SLOW HEART RATE

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have just had a heart echo done and was told my heart was fine the thing thats worrying me is my heart rate drops to about 46 sometimes and I feel dizzy and faint when it happens .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi joycemadine

May i ask how old are you? And from what city? You say. Youre done with tudo echo.. And it was fine.. Have you had Bradycardia long since? Are just recently? What did your cardio say about your slow HB ?, has he given you what meds to compensate? Well As to your story i presume since the tudo echo was fine, there was no need for meds. Are you an athlete or rigorous periodic runner? If your in this category your just fine. If you are living a sedentary lifestyle, you may have an issue.

Yes, since slow beats. means bloodflow is less going to your brain. It could cause your dizzeness. You need to trust your dr. If in doubt, you can always seek a second, third opinion. just have to find the right dr. With the best prescription. Im not a dr. Bu i have friends similar with your problems.

Listen to your body.. I hope i have shared something of importance

.best of health....

• Posted

Hi Garry I am 68 and have had bradychardia for a few years now but it seems to be getting worse I am no athlete..lol.. I have rheumatoid arthritis so dont get around to well. I have been to see about the problem but they didnt seem that bothered about it .I was told a few year a go I might eventualy need a pace maker . x
  • Posted

Dear Joyce

Sorry to hear about your concerns.

Just because the structure of your heart is ok which is great it may not mean that the electrics are working properly. Maybe you can have those checked somehow. If you are very fit 46 may not be too serious as long as you feel ok.

Good luck.

Gap

• Posted

Hi Gap 

​Thanks for the good luck wishes

I am 68 and have had bradychardia for a few years now but it seems to be getting worse I am no athlete..lol.. I have rheumatoid arthritis so dont get around to well. I have been to see about the problem but they didnt seem that bothered about it .I was told a few year a go I might eventualy need a pace maker . x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.