POST OP UPDATE

Posted , 3 users are following.

1st day of therapy. Therapist was very impressed with how quickly I've healed, my flexibility and foot strength. Still in the bionic leg tho and of course you know the process is very painful, worse than ACL rehab. 😨 Took it like champ. #determined.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

21 days since I too had my first therapy session feels good but my foot is at -15 degrees need to work it back to zero. Will be wearing boot and am returning to work in 2 days. What's amazing is how weak my leg muscles are overall maybe this rupture was a blessing in disguise or maybe something more serious going on yet not currently diagnosed.

• Posted

Heck my therapist gave me some leg exercises to do for strengthening my legs. My foot is at 15 degree angle, still working on mobility, strength, and flexibility. Go to therapy twice a week. Hopefully there's nothing else wrong and you can continue to heal and progress. Best of luck.

• Posted

21 days since surgery first day of physical therapy.
  • Posted

Well done Raven, you are doing great.

Mine is 8 weeks tomorrow, my 3rd physio and I can walk barefooted & trainers with a bit of limp but doctor said to keep the moon boot one till i see him this Thursday, I hope it's good news because I am feeling so much better.

Oh, I have a scan on Thursday which will determine if am healed or not.

Good luck with your recovery Raven.

• Posted

Thanks Peter. That's awesome. I'm going to make sure that they give me scan too. Good idea.

• Posted

Sorry Heck thought u asked me the question....lol!
    • Posted

Hi Heck, I practiced changing gears yesterday (my left foot is the bad one) while car was stationary and felt no pain whatsoever but I need the approval from the doctor on Thursday before driving again.
    • Posted

Hi Heck, I met with my consultant tonight and he categorically said no to driving until the 10th of October when the boot comes off, which will take me to 11 weeks and 4 days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.