Successful taper of 30 day Nurofen plus please help me.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I need help PLEASE. I've cut down from 30 NP a day to 10-14 a day over a period of time. Due to real time recording I cannot access them anymore. Im doing so well with my taper plan but I just need a bit more time to keep tapering. Im too scared to order online and I don't know what to do. Im a mess right now. Please can anyone help me.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kate, you've done extremely well so far on your own.

Now is the time to go and see a doctor (GP) to help you with the final reduction.

Good luck.

• Posted

This is probably a prescription drug for similar drugs such as Advil (pain medication).  I did not see that this is a narcotic or a controlled substance...so ordering this on line would not be a criminal offense.

Ibuprofen is somewhat in the same family as this drug.

What I am saying is...if you are not going to order this on line...than get some ibuprofen or Advil...and take to continue your taper.

Good job on cutting down.

You don't feel comfortable explaining to a Dr. your situation in order to get help with tapering?

• Posted

Hi Kate,

We are the same age it seems with the same addiction to nurofen plus x

Hope I can help you.

I got into a mess too and was taking upto 20 tabs a day.

Today I have started a prescribed medication called Subutex.

If you are in the UK; contact your local Lifeline centre and they will get you the help you need.

Stopping codeine without support was impossible for me. I only ever imagined a couple months off here and there but kept seeking it out again.

You have done amazingly well to taper the amount you have but as you are feeling now, it is very hard to stop the cravings without medical support.

Hope this helps you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.