A few issues now for a few days, what should I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Good evening,

For the last few days now, I thought that I had been suffering from toothache, however, it seems to be my jaw/gums that are the problem.

Symptoms:

- Stiff/uncomfortable jaw all on the left side of my face. Not painful, but more like a dull kind of ache? My gum inside my mouth on the left side at the top in the back of my mouth is also a little swollen (no ache or bleeding when brushing). This seemed to be uncomfortable when I was eating, but it's getting better by the day which is good!

- Lots more sneezing than normal

- Need to blow my nose more than normal

- Slightly more tired than normal

- Slight temperture at times, sometimes a bit chilly, and sometimes to hot.

- Stiff nick

- Part of my tongue is a little sore

- Quite a bit of flem (Not green coloured)

- Occassional bad taste in mouth.

The main part though is the jaw. I must say, I'm not in pain, but it's just a little achey at times and my gum is a little swollen, but it all appears to be on my left side of my face!

I am going to start using warm water with sea salt to rinse my mouth with to try and kill any germs that I miss with brushing. My parents told me that I probably have a combination of flu/neuralgia?

I would be greateful for any help!

Thanks so much cheesygrin

P.S. - I do apologize if this is posted in the wrong section!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen your doctor?
    • Posted

Hello Angelina,

No, not yet. I have been to the chemist's this morning, and I explained my symptoms to the guy and he recommend me to get something called 'Sinutab' which hopefully will help.

The pain has defintely gotten lesser, it's just I have a dull ache in my gums, jaws and cheeks. I'll write on here again to say how things are going.

Thanks  cheesygrin

• Posted

I would definitely see a doctor just to be on the safe side. Hope you feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.