Unusual symptom for MS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys it has been 3 month since have been diagnosed with MS

Y'all were really helpful in supporting and making sure I was positive and

it sure feels really great I haven't had relapse started Abaugio medication.

........okay unusual symptom I have seen and the fact that both my

Neurologist and my general doctor can't explain it. It is not a relapse no nothing but

Through out the day their is something odd I feel and I searched all over Google and

Other platforms nothing no answer.

What happens is that let say I was sitting for 50 min in class when the class is done

I get my stuff and try to leave from class as I make several steps my body locks as in

I will be frozen like a statue can't speak if I tried to speak it is slow motion , try to move I get

off balance, try to reach and hold something the stuffs am trying to reach seems miles away and everything

is in slow motion for like 5 to 10 sec. Or let say I was walking to my other class, out of no where same thing

I asked my neurologist he said it is not an episode or a relapse he has never heard about it before.

It is so furrestrating. Let's say I will be talking with people suddenly it just comes for 5 sec and goes and am back to

normal. I had it before I started my medication I used to have it for longer seconds then suddenly disappeared before

I went to see my neurologist which was odd.

Any one who has any idea or anyone who has experienced this please save me y'all being a 3rd year student at university

And standing in the hall way or outside the crowd is so furrestrating. It feels like am about to do a mob just like step up movie

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Muscles freezing and 'locking up' is very common with MS, along with spascisity. I'm not a doctor, but I find Epsom baths help my muscles along with a Magnesium supplement. Stretching exercises and yoga might also help you.

• Posted

Painefury is right, if I sit too long or stand too long when I try to walk I'm like a shuffling robot. A neurologist dirsnt actually know everything. I've had a orthopaedic tell me some my symptoms are orthopaedic and the neurologist got cross and said they were ms. Welcome to the ms journey of confusion. You'll get to know yourself and you can trust your own judgement. Good luck on your journey may it be a long and mild one.

• Posted

Thank u Bic it ease my frustration finally founding the right answer which makes sense .
  • Posted

Hi Emilucious, I can't say I've experienced what you are experiencing with your freeze mode but I can say I've had very unusual symptoms. You know MS affects the central nervous system so that leaves it wide open for almost anything. You nuero or doctor even though they are very educated doesnt necessarily mean that they know all the elusive possibilities MS might present. They are not God even though they might think theyre close (speaking from my own experience ) What I've experienced is things arrive and then decline like a wave taking something but complerely returning

• Posted

Hi Emilucious, I can't say I've experienced what you are experiencing with your freeze mode but I can say I've had very unusual symptoms. You know MS affects the central nervous system so that leaves it wide open for almost anything. You nuero or doctor even though they are very educated doesnt necessarily mean that they know all the elusive possibilities MS might present. They are not God even though they might think theyre close (speaking from my own experience ) What I've experienced is things arrive and then decline like a wave taking something but completely returningit. The best thing is to stay positive which can be very difficult sometimes but know you are not alone. ...good luck with your studies. I would type more but it is slow...must be a uk/usa thing ...lol we ms'ers are like snowflakes none are exactly the same other than we are all snowflakes smile best wishes

• Posted

Hi Emilucious, I can't say I've experienced what you are experiencing with your freeze mode but I can say I've had very unusual symptoms. You know MS affects the central nervous system so that leaves it wide open for almost anything. You nuero or doctor even though they are very educated doesnt necessarily mean that they know all the elusive possibilities MS might present. They are not God even though they might think theyre close (speaking from my own experience ) What I've experienced is things arrive and then decline like a wave taking something but completely returningit. The best thing is to stay positive which can be very difficult sometimes but know you are not alone. ...good luck with your studies. I would type more but it is slow...must be a uk/usa thing ...lol we ms'ers are like snowflakes none are exactly the same other than we are all snowflakes smile best wishes

• Posted

Correction: "Not" completely returning it

• Posted

Thank you so much I love how you described us ms'ers resembling snowflakes. Thank you for the support means a lot knowing that am not all alone in this.

• Posted

Have you ever been tested for seizures? My daughter has absence seizures. It is like you press the pause button. She can not move or talk. They usually only last a few seconds to a minute. When she got older, she was able to tell me that when I was talking to her during one, that she tried to talk but she couldn't. They are completely different from the severe drop Gran Mal seizures that you hear about. I took her to the Nuerologist for an EEG to test for seizures when I noticed her not responding to me when she was younger. 

When end they do the EEG you do not have to be having a seizure at the time. They can tell if you are "at risk" for seizures. Usually if you are at risk for seizures, you are probably having them. It is VERY important that you ask the nuerologist if you are"at risk " for seizures", because on the phone they just told me she was fine. Then when we went into the office I got more information out of him and she continued on with Gran Mal seizures as well.

It is something for you to look into. If you look up MS and seizures on the internet , they can be connected. 

Good luck.

-a concerned parent

• Posted

I haven't been diagnosed with anything as of yet but I experience a similar problem, it's a bit like the words in my mind go in slow motion for a minute or two..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.